2Nd Review Case Should Arrive Soon.

VRAndy said:
.....is about as useful as complaining that it gets cold in the winter. (Although, now that I mention it, people do that to.)

I freaking hate winter

I'm going to go find our weather man and punch him in the face for making it snow.... cya

Last edited by a moderator:
jb0yx said:
VRAndy said:
.....is about as useful as complaining that it gets cold in the winter. (Although, now that I mention it, people do that to.)
I freaking hate winter

I'm going to go find our weather man and punch him in the face for making it snow.... cya
He only told you it would be sunny beach weather on Christmas so that you'd stop nagging him about the weather. Stop giving him such a hard time!

im already let down for this month, so im prepared for the fact, that i want be getting my pandara this month. so it doesnt matter about the cases really anymore, as there isnt amy way, they will be shipping completed units this month. now the might y devs will be gettttting theirs, but i cant do anyhting about that.

VRAndy said:
jb0yx said:
VRAndy said:
I freaking hate winter

He only told you it would be sunny beach weather on Christmas so that you'd stop nagging him about the weather. Stop giving him such a hard time!
oh no no... i hold the weather guy on the news personally responceable for the bad weather it's self... the news of it being accurate or not is not really of matter.

Phawx said:
@Moxie

I don't know if you've read what spikeyxx wrote, but I think you missed his point. Read all of the nagging and it has a root cause. Luckily for us, Gruso & Co. have done far more than OP or Chip has done to help with communications. Mostly the info we get is from OP, but Pandora Press has done an excellent job in organizing it.

Please don't take this as an attack on you, because I do understand your point of view. Technically I am in the same boat as you. I've already SEEN a working Pandora, so any anxiety I had is completely gone. The OP team should take the "nagging" as a critique on what they need to work on.

Again, remember, the nagging *usually* has a root cause. And that has to do with communication.

This is obviously only my opinion and *today* with how far we are with the Pandora, it matters much less so then a year ago.

I am quite aware that the nagging has a root cause. I ordered my Pandora on the first preorder day, and I've been here long before that. We all know that there has been problems in communication, or problems in the expectations on that communication. We can probably safely say that the OP teams inexperience with an operation on this scale has contributed to the problems, as well as the punters inexperience with the vagaries of design, development and manufacturing.

However, that is moot. At this point, no nagging is going to help even a tiny little bit. That is my point - To make people understand that right now, constant complaining is going to hinder, not speed, the arrival of their pandoras if it has any effect at all.

Nag away, but be aware that you are doing the whole community a disservice and delaying your own pandora, might be the short version :)

XD, it wont delay it more if it doesnt speed it at all.

and i would say nagg all you want but on the specific threads so the important ones keep clean.

I really wonder, why some processes can't be accelerated. The Cinese Factory guys have EYES so they can SEE the faults of thecase. They don't have to send the stuff to MWeston because they should know that these parts never get the green light. So the whole and endless waiting process could be shortened if the Factory simply produces the Cases untill they think, it looks perfect, then they can ship and wait for MWestons comment.
Nobnody can tell me, that they didn't noticed all the problems onto the first Cases. Did they really think, this "quality" would be accepted?
And why all about this "shrinking"? Keep the Case-Parts long enough into the moulds untill they are cooled, then they can't shrink anymore. ;)

fusion_power said:
Nobnody can tell me, that they didn't noticed all the problems onto the first Cases. Did they really think, this "quality" would be accepted?
And why all about this "shrinking"? Keep the Case-Parts long enough into the moulds untill they are cooled, then they can't shrink anymore. ;)
They did notice some of the problems. We were told they noticed the shrinking. We were told they had fixed the shrinking before MWeston had received the first sample cases and not to worry about it. He was looking at problems that they couldn't have eyeballed themselves, such as the hole for the ribbon cable, and the travel on the trigger switches, and how well things fit together with the board inside it. These are not things that anyone other than the client should decide.
And then we were told that another case was already en route before MWeston got the second one, and with pictures of the second one we were told what was wrong with it and what was being fixed with the third sample case. Seems to me that the factory is doing exactly what they are supposed to: eyeing it up and fixing the problems they can without being told. But what to do with sample cases that aren't quite perfect? Send them anyway or toss them in the trash? Might as well send them anyway, it's not like it costs a whole lot extra.
And I don't know if you're entirely joking or not (I suspect at least partially) but I'll answer as if you were serious anyway, just in case you aren't or someone else takes you seriously: you can't keep them in the mould until it's cool because that takes a very long time, and then it takes a very long time for it to heat up enough to make the next one. Unless you're ok with them only making 2 or 3 cases per day :p

fusion_power said:
I really wonder, why some processes can't be accelerated. The Cinese Factory guys have EYES so they can SEE the faults of thecase. They don't have to send the stuff to MWeston because they should know that these parts never get the green light. So the whole and endless waiting process could be shortened if the Factory simply produces the Cases untill they think, it looks perfect, then they can ship and wait for MWestons comment.

Chinese factories are famous for not being very good with quality. It's the same thing with board game parts produced in China. Now, not all Chinese factories are bad, there are some that can do really good print stuff with amazing quality. My first board game have the box, board, cards etc made in China and you can really see and feel the quality while the wood components are from Italy and those could really use some more paint on them.

The truth is that there are good and bad factories out there.

@Moxie

I agree with you about 90%. I absolutely agree that, "At this point, no nagging is going to help even a tiny little bit" regarding the delivery timeline. We will get the Pandora when it is done. No question or doubt whatsoever.

What I would like to say to the OP team is: Look at all the people that are complaining. Honestly determine what is valid and what isn't and take it as an area that you can improve on as a company. I myself have pre-ordered three units. I don't make a tremendous amount of money. But I really believed in this project and decided to sink $1,000 of my money into it.

I wish OP nothing but the best and from a technical point of view, I believe they got a lot of things right. (I haven't actually held a Pandora yet, but the latest videos do show a surprising amount of quality.) In the future, maybe OP can fund Pandora 2 privately and they won't have to worry about customer relations so much.

All I am suggesting is try to take the nagging as criticism. This way the nagging would help just a tiny bit. Not in the form of getting us a product sooner, but in the form of keeping your customers abreast.

I think the reason for the nagging is that in the last couple of weeks forum members saw an MK0 Pandora live at ED's house and found no (important) fault with the device. They wrote in their reviews that it was alright. Several weeks later, MWeston posts new photos of test cases and writes "...I hope the next ones are better .... Again, these parts are an intermediate test that fixed numerous problems to the structure, but are not final." And that is when I thought, oh come on! I thought we were finally past this stage. Not again the prototyping bul****.

That's what im afraid, that the whole process has started completely over. what ever the reason, we still have no communication from the team, but im used to that. I dont look for any cases this week, unless they dont tell us when they get them, so they can study the things again, . then, im sure there will more microscopic things wrong, and there goes another month.

As people have different standards on quality of a given product, it's probably safer to get the quality to the highest standard possible to cover all bases even if it takes a good while. (and it would be one less headache for having to iron out any flaws for the second batchers...?)

Just my 1.00 Peruvian sole...

fusion_power said:

Because chinese have a completely different look on quality compared to europeans or americans. We produce products in Taiwan (small quantities) and China (large quantities) too and what the chinese define as acceptable is most of the time totaly unacceptable by our standards. There is however a way to speed things up and what we do is hire a company like Titoma, a company who can be the link between western standards of production quality and the means of finding the party who can produce for the lowest cost in Taiwan or China. Once a year we visit the company to discuss new products and progress, the rest of the year we use skype, email etc..

BTW although Titoma sounds really chinese it just stands for TIme TO MArket ;-) (http://www.titoma.com.tw)

I've been trying not to chime in but I can't resist...

If we had realistic, not optimistic, delivery dates on the status page with a little more detail it would keep nagging to a minimum. The final one could say something like 'Delivery to your doorstep expected March 2010 (including contingency/may be sooner if we get lucky)

If a company decides to have a forum it must expect to have people post on it, for better or worse. That's why most companies don't get involved in forum nonsense - it's hard to manage and depressing.

we all want a decent product. i think now is the time for action. since the pandara wont be shipping on the next 6 months or so. why doesnt someone from the team take a trip to china, and get this stuff settled. it wont cost anymore to go there , than to come to texas. they have the investments that the customers have made, and I dont think anyone would be against someone going to china and get this going. ok, oh you that cant find anything wrong with the way the pandara is being handled, try and find fault with this latest idea.

Beepo said:
If a company decides to have a forum it must expect to have people post on it, for better or worse. That's why most companies don't get involved in forum nonsense - it's hard to manage and depressing.
It's a bit different in this case. The company started as part of the community(and still is) ;)
Is it really depressing? The negative and positiv stuff is usually balanced, imo.

Nah it depresses me, the only thing that will cure the depression I get from reading this forum is knowing I'm 550-650 in the queue and I'll get mine soooooon! =P

Edit - actually, cutting up my Christmas tree and burning on the fire while I'm checking this forum is quite therapeutic as well to be honest! xD

I find it extremely entertaining, even addictive sometimes :D
Btw, I've got to wait around six months longer than you..

Beepo said:
If we had realistic, not optimistic, delivery dates on the status page with a little more detail it would keep nagging to a minimum. The final one could say something like 'Delivery to your doorstep expected March 2010 (including contingency/may be sooner if we get lucky)

Well, that's hard to tell.
If the case would need 8 revisions which all do take 2 weeks, it takes 16 weeks (that's four months!)
If the case is fine after the 3rd revision, that's only 6 weeks (1,5 months).

It all depends on that, so a realistic assumption can only be made once this is all done and the mass production is all there's left :)

Umm... we're not really a big company and never decided to have a forum.
We came from the boards, developed a handheld and therefore had to open up a company.

But we're still just some guys from this community trying to do our best :)

Last edited:
Back