2Nd Review Case Should Arrive Soon.

GizmoTheGreen said:
so, while we wait, why not tell how everyones day has been?

mine has been relatively shitty.

girlfriend was in hospital recovering from surgery (scoliosis)
she got back home today, which shouldve been yay, but she arranged to meet a guy from the net while she was in hospital so i feel very depressed.

i will hopefully visit her tomorrow so we can talk about it a bit better than we do over phone.

(for those wondering we "only" live 30 kilometers apart and meet every week, but she was hospitalized in malmo, which is x10 more far away, which also happened to where the other guy lived)

wow that sucks, i feel ya.

Mondays usually suck.
For my part i'm okay, im at my fourth coffee now, the floor is starting to feel like jello.

Maybe the whole "drinking with the straw" part was a bad idea.
Picking up a cup to drink seemed so counter productive at the time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Phawx said:
What I am trying to wonder is why hasn't other manufacturers tried UMPC+Gaming.

Um, it has been tried before. It was called the Zodiac. It was a (for the time) high-spec PalmOS PDA with gaming controls, two SD (not SDHC) slots, Bluetooth, discrete graphics processor...

http://www.pdatoday.com/maximumpda_more/1827_0_2_0_C/

Mr.Gonzo said:
GizmoTheGreen said:
so, while we wait, why not tell how everyones day has been?

mine has been relatively shitty.

girlfriend was in hospital recovering from surgery (scoliosis)
she got back home today, which shouldve been yay, but she arranged to meet a guy from the net while she was in hospital so i feel very depressed.

i will hopefully visit her tomorrow so we can talk about it a bit better than we do over phone.

(for those wondering we "only" live 30 kilometers apart and meet every week, but she was hospitalized in malmo, which is x10 more far away, which also happened to where the other guy lived)

wow that sucks, i feel ya.

Mondays usually suck.
For my part i'm okay, im at my fourth coffee now, the floor is starting to feel like jello.

Maybe the whole "drinking with the straw" part was a bad idea.
Picking up a cup to drink seemed so counter productive at the time.

I came back from Peru yesterday morning after being there for 6 months. Went to wonderful places, met wonderful friends and at the end of my trip, I met with a wonderful lady which I sadly had to leave. This has been pretty emotional, which of course results to watery eyes and heavy memories.
So now I'm back in the UK. It's cold, wet, grey and I have been trying to get my tax returns sorted, while looking to get back into animating as I have one too many minus signs in my bank account...

Too bad for you people having a bad day :(. I've had a rather good day :). Apparently my master's thesis is feature-complete, and I just need to do the final touches to have it submitted for approval, yay!

The Pandora section of the boards really should have a therapy section. I'm willing to become a Therapist.

... but only if i can change my name to Dr.G. ( kinda sounds like a rapper name, i like it )

Hehe, you've been away for a while so you might have missed that the Pandora section _is_ the therapy section ;)
static.gif

My day isn't going well. At the end of last semester, I was told that the catalog I was given when I enrolled at this university expired the semester before I started. Of course, nothing about this was written in the catalog. So now I'm walking back and forth getting acquainted with quite a few people in administration so I can get my minor and graduate in May. But it's always the same thing. "I can't help you. Maybe you should try this person." Something tells me that by the time they finish with me, I might as well graduate with a second major.

so, i go play persona 4 at this evening, tomorow at 05:30 in the morning, i switsh on my psp and look on this forum, mybe there is an update because in canada it is now 14:06..

I guess we'll know if we were close once the solar system reverses all its orbits and the clocks start running backwards, since to actually make further progress in the Pandora production pipeline would threaten to break the Two Months Law. :p

I predict that time will then proceed to oscillate indefinitely, back and forth between the start of December and the end of January.

Either that or time will begin slowing down by a progressive infinity of degrees as the inner limits of the Law are approached, and, like old Zeno foretold, we shall never catch the tortoise.

Oh gawd Doctor, I feel like I've got this gaping hole in my chest where a Pandora should be, it aches all the time and I don't know what to do! Wine does nothing, women can't even begin to fill this emptiness, even the taste of food pales in comparison before the glory that is the Pandora. You've gotta help me; at this rate I'll go crazy within two months! :eek:

skyeyemachine said:
Oh gawd Doctor, I feel like I've got this gaping hole in my chest where a Pandora should be, it aches all the time and I don't know what to do! Wine does nothing, women can't even begin to fill this emptiness, even the taste of food pales in comparison before the glory that is the Pandora. You've gotta help me; at this rate I'll go crazy within two months! :eek:

*takes notes: "hmm, the 2 Month Pychosis,oddly this seems like a recurent problem over here. 'must investigate further' ... Probably a chronic masturbator too."*

And how does that make you feel deep inside? does it wake past feelings of negliged childhood?

Are you left handed?

BackAssward said:
relliker said:
Instead of all the FUD anyone thought of THIS theory yet?:

1) The case arrived.
2) It was perfect.
3) The green light shone in the Chinese sky.
4) 4000 cases were produced.
5) 4000 cases were shipped.
6) They are quietly assembling 4000 Pandoras.
7) Pandoras are shipping as we speak.
8) Some peeps on the forum have heart attacks due to a surprise postal visit.
9) The forum goes down
10 And they lived happily ever until Pandora 2 was announced.

WIN! :D
Or
1) The promise of a perfect case has been made many times.
2) The Forum was getting tired of revisions and waiting for the perfect case.
3) The Case did arrive but was again flawed.
3b) Not urprising given the history with the Chinese company making them.
4) The team decided that denying the case arrival was better PR.
5) Another Case is being made and shipped.
6) Maybe a better case or maybe goto 1.

Just a thought.

So back to 1.

calc84maniac said:
svs-57 said:
Current status.
Last Updated on Friday, 01 January 2010 10:55
2nd Review Case should arrive soon.

This is looks like mockery.
They already received the 2nd case revision a while back. What we're waiting for now is the 3rd.
I know. But I got this from "Current status" page of www.openpandora.org

Already one month we see "2nd Review Case should arrive soon." on green background :)
Already one month "current status" doesn't change :(
Does anybode have any news about cases delivery?

svs-57 said:
You found the Current Status page, but couldn't find the Developer Blog? The buttons are right next to each other. The whole thing is explained there.

This is the latest info:
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/45893-unofficial-openpandora-community-blog/page__view__findpost__p__805124

Chip said:
svs-57 said:
You found the Current Status page, but couldn't find the Developer Blog? The buttons are right next to each other. The whole thing is explained there.
I have read this post.
"So as soon as we get the samples and approve it, mass production will start."
Have the samples cases come?

Back