2Nd Review Case Should Arrive Soon.

XD, +1 (to the naggin ones!).

it would be a big dissapointment if it didnt arrive fully complete.

and nagging is right, sorry but sometimes is required to get things done
(of course you need to know how to or you end up wasting time and energy and being called childish.)

also dont expect everyone to be waving the tail happily after so much "unexpected" delays.
even dogs get bored so cmon OP Team.

Somebody just make a thread, something like "The Pandora Moaning Thread". I'm not being sarcastic or anything!

In that thread anything goes. Just let rip. Plus mods can move disruptive moans from other threads into it.

Chip said:
Jaguar said:
you seem to think we are all kids and dont know better.
That's certainly how you're acting. Adults know that when there is new information, it will be provided. They are patient and wait without fidgeting. Only children constantly pester for an answer when they know there isn't one to be had.

Everybody is sick of waiting, but only some of you choose to be childish and whine about it.

I have to disagree slightly. I'm British, and according to all the studies and surveys or whatever, we're supposed to be complaining more (in a consumer sense anyway).

Last edited by a moderator:
ashdjones said:
Somebody just make a thread, something like "The Pandora Moaning Thread". I'm not being sarcastic or anything!

In that thread anything goes. Just let rip. Plus mods can move disruptive moans from other threads into it.

Nah. Let's just stay friends :) Mild moaning doesn't annoy me personally, tbh :)

Jaguar said:
Mr. Chip, why dont you just back of. nothing anyonesays here, except for you looks stupid or as you put it childish. poeple are complaining because they are tiredof waiting,. this thread was going just find.... you are the so called childish and immature one.Its to bad that you ruined the thread for me, as it was going along great, but now Im through with it, as you seem to think we are all kids and dont know better.
You obviously are not mature. You don't even care about your sentence structure, your spacing, your spelling or your punctuation.
Chip has done nothing wrong. He has been more mature than most of us. We all would like it to arrive in our eager hands, but the developers are doing their best to make it the best product possible. If you have read what Craigix mentioned on another thread about the hinge: it isn't breaking after violent actions, which devices like the DS would break from within maybe 3 abuses at most. They also do not have the staff like the other companies such as Sony(not the forum member who "uses" their PSX logo) and Nintendo do. Please be patient with them.

ashdjones said:
Chip said:
Jaguar said:
you seem to think we are all kids and dont know better.
That's certainly how you're acting. Adults know that when there is new information, it will be provided. They are patient and wait without fidgeting. Only children constantly pester for an answer when they know there isn't one to be had.

Everybody is sick of waiting, but only some of you choose to be childish and whine about it.

I have to disagree slightly. I'm British, and according to all the studies and surveys or whatever, we're supposed to be complaining more (in a consumer sense anyway).
I agree, as a consumer you should complain more. When I think of consumers complaining I think it's against huge corporations. The OP team is small, does that mean we should cut them some more slack? I don't know, just asking the question.

I'll wait till it's done, not complaining yet.

Kloplop321 said:
You obviously are not mature. You don't even care about your sentence structure, your spacing, your spelling or your punctuation.
Chip has done nothing wrong. He has been more mature than most of us. We all would like it to arrive in our eager hands, but the developers are doing their best to make it the best product possible. If you have read what Craigix mentioned on another thread about the hinge: it isn't breaking after violent actions, which devices like the DS would break from within maybe 3 abuses at most. They also do not have the staff like the other companies such as Sony(not the forum member who "uses" their PSX logo) and Nintendo do. Please be patient with them.

I'd prefer not to make a big battle out of this. Chip can speak for himself ;)

Since when did nagging help in any situation?
In this case it doesn't help at all either way. OP cant do anything to make the process go any faster.
I(and alot more on this forum I suspect) is annoyed at the delays. Doesn't mean I am annoyed at OP just the situation in general.

I would nag(or complain a bit) if, when I get my pandora it is flawed for some reason because they just rushed through this process of quality checking(or what you want to call it). Because then it would be their fault.

So, to OP: Please, take your time, don't rush things now in the end.
To the naggers: Please stop nagging.

second exodous said:
I agree, as a consumer you should complain more. When I think of consumers complaining I think it's against huge corporations. The OP team is small, does that mean we should cut them some more slack? I don't know, just asking the question.

I'll wait till it's done, not complaining yet.

Would you complain to the owner of a corner shop if they gave you the wrong change? What about a taxi driver that overcharged you? Or a hair-dresseser that totally screwed up your hair? The owner of a game shop that sold you a broken Snes?

They're all small buisnesses right?

I only ordered my pandora in september 09.You guys have been waiting some time,but I guess making a highly advanced system like this was always a tall order.If chip is affiliated with open pandora,he really should know better.
Granted clear lines of communication are important for customers I imagine in any business.
Lets hope the next updates clear up some matters.At least we will have a cool community once the pandy is released.
I have very little technical know how,but would still like to contribute in various ways as am enthusiastic.

@kloplop Not everyone arond is a native english speaker, and even so not everyone that speaks english knows how to write properly
also i know they are no large CorpoNation XD but even so complaining is a doubled edge sword.

@Esslan i would list em up but it would take a lot of time and effort.

as for example:
for small case scenario.
* ordered a Stove that was supposed to be made within 1 month. it never arrived.
posted a request for a new date it was always "X more days".
posted a request of refund with the weight of a sue, got the stove made right away and arrived next day
(they didnt even started until i did that). and it was a small store.
for large case scenario.

* i can easily say im an expert nagger against telecomunications Co. i learned all the service protocols and solutions.
i never waste my time talking with a operator unless im sure i cant fix it by myself and i even pass out all the info required
for all procedures. i can even say people pay me to get things done because im pushy and i know how to.
if you dont nagg enough you dont get things fixed nowadays, people have to run filling request files doing whatsoever "standard waste time procedures".
i always get things done quickly and always get refunded all the days without service. something you dont get doing common standard request bla bla bla.

its simple if youre right you must complain or they will just stomp all over. but dont be childish, if A doesnt work do B.

Hmm, I guess we don't share the same defiantion of nagging. The first example I would't call nagging because you waited until the promised month had passed.

To me nagging is more like when you just start asking and demanding right away. To use your example: If you started calling them after a week and asking where the stove was.

I guess to me nagging is always childish. It's like the childish form of complaining :)

This reminds me why I don't read the forums any more. I think people really need to stop moaning for a while and just be patient.

Think how you would feel if you had poured 3 years of your life into developing something, not even for a huge amount of profit and you were developing purely for the pure passion of what you're developing. Just because you want to make a high quality product for a small, dedicated group of people.

Being an electronic engineer myself (well, masters student) I've never had to develop anything this big and even just my current projects are stressful enough just having to submit weekly reports to my supervisors. If I had hundreds of people on my back constantly moaning that they want a half-arsed, low quality product just because they can't wait a few more weeks then I would not have as much passion for the project as the pandora team do!
I think people should be thankful that they're already getting more information on development of the pandora than they will on any other product ever and should mainly just be patient!

So on a closing note, here is my greatest congratulations to everyone involved with the pandora (especially mweston, being able to relate to him the most) and I look forward to receiving my pandora soon.

Could the OP team have been better at communication? Yes, of course. Should they have know better about how long this project would take? Well, it's their first try, how many here could have made a better guess?

I see the Pandora as mainly a community effort, not the next Nintendo, Sony or Apple gadget. This little gadget is made for us, we know we want one or we wouldn't be here. Therefore I think people should be a little more patient and supportive. If you don't like it then cancel your preorder and go buy something else, see if whatever you buy will be as satisfying.

I can just imagine Boeing's user forum

Japanair : where the f*** is my F****** Dreamliner
Boeing : in two months
Japanair : WTF! .... you guys are as bad as Craigix
Boeing : oh!, you have a Pandora on order too?

:lol: oh! wait! Boeing don't have a user forum :p (and Dreamliner delivery has been put back to 2011 iirc)

maybe Craig went on the same management course as the head of Boeing?

That would be a hilarious store. Anytime you complain about anything they tell you, "Stop whining." Maybe they could just have it hooked up to the Kindergarten Cop sound board.

Even though Chip has said this, I don't think it's fair to blame OP for poor customer service (I don't know if Chip is affiliated in a business sense with OP in anyway right now). Craig has had an outburst or two. Mweston didn't really blow up on anyone as he has been more just "explaining without apologies", as in the delays were unseen so how can he take responsibility for them, which is totally fair. ED seems to play the "customer is always right" card more often.

Regardless, it's a small company. The original confidence exuded from Craig I've come to realize was his salesmen mode. It got us all to put our money down and help realize this device to actually materialize. It's only another real month or two left, so thankfully we can start looking forward to some more interesting projects.

Our community is split into two groups: On the one hand, there are people who want their handheld to be immaculate and who are willing wait for a very long time, and on the other hand, there are people who just want a fully-functional handheld and who want to get theirs asap. As the Pandora has reached full functionally now, the bickering between the two groups is getting worse.

I would like to put forward a solution to the problem to the OP Team.

There are maybe let's say 200 people (including myself) who want their Pandora now and who do not mind small dents, discoloration or the lack of silkscreening. Why don't you just put together a small run comprising serveral hundred units using "test-cases" and ship them to the people who do not want to wait any longer. I understand that this will cause additional costs. I would be willing to pay a surcharge (I am serious!), if there will be enough volunteers who want to join and if OP will release a first official version of their OS and some software that is already usable.

I think this solution will benefit both sides as OP could shrugg off this vaporware-image and show the world that they can get something done. In addition, coders would get more productive as there would be a real "audience" for their software already.

Back