2Nd Review Case Should Arrive Soon.

j.pickens said:
Azure said:
Or more time to write that detailed "The Making of the Pandora" that we're all dying to read :)
Isn't that what we're all reading right here, right now on this forum?
Not quite. Craig has said that there's a lot of information that we don't know about that has made this quite a wild ride (and he himself expressed interest in writing such an article detailing all the crazy things they had to go through from beginning to end, such as lawsuits and the many attempts by people to make sure this project would not come to fruition). It'd make for quite the juicy read :)

Last edited by a moderator:
now the lawsuits thing is new for me, didnt know the project had those over.

Azure said:
j.pickens said:
Azure said:
Or more time to write that detailed "The Making of the Pandora" that we're all dying to read :)
Not quite. Craig has said that there's a lot of information that we don't know about that has made this quite a wild ride (and he himself expressed interest in writing such an article detailing all the crazy things they had to go through from beginning to end, such as lawsuits and the many attempts by people to make sure this project would not come to fruition). It'd make for quite the juicy read :)

I dunno. It'll probably be x hundred pages of "we never made any mistakes, this person let us down, that person didn't do this right..."

It could be called "It wasn't our fault"

Azure said:
j.pickens said:
Azure said:
I really wish the whole project gets documented in detail (retroactively or not), for I think it would be valuable to a lot of people with different visions.

What happened to the thread though? I think we were having a pretty decent ragefest until it somehow got dissolved. Somebody troll something, anything, please.

craigix said:
DroneB Dev said:
now the lawsuits thing is new for me, didnt know the project had those over.

It was a patent issue and we sorted it out.
you should do a "making of pandora" movie... I'm sure there is enough drama over the last year to make a very interesting show

jb0yx said:
you should do a "making of pandora" movie... I'm sure there is enough drama over the last year to make a very interesting show
If Craig is doing it then it will most likely be both interesting and funny :)

Awakening said:
jb0yx said:

it should be a cross between micro-men and 24 hour party people :)

Bosbeetle said:
Awakening said:
jb0yx said:

it should be a cross between micro-men and 24 hour party people :)

Theres a prequel to that:

The Sould of a new Machine

The pandora project really makes a worthy successor to that story about a 1978 "supercomputer".

grobi

craigix said:
Yes, this one is just a general clean up of a few things and a slightly bigger test run, it will be coming with keymats too so we can build up quite a few units.

Surprised no one has asked this yet:

How many is "quite a few" ? Enough to make it to non-dev/press customers?

Sorry if this has already been answered somewhere else, I've been taking a break from the forums lately for my own good.

MonkeyChops said:
craigix said:
Yes, this one is just a general clean up of a few things and a slightly bigger test run, it will be coming with keymats too so we can build up quite a few units.

Surprised no one has asked this yet:

How many is "quite a few" ? Enough to make it to non-dev/press customers?

Sorry if this has already been answered somewhere else, I've been taking a break from the forums lately for my own good.
I think nobody have asked because everybody believes these will all be sent out to devs.

Your probably right, but I can dream.

"quite a few" could mean 500... right? right?.....umm...yea... I can't even convince myself that is possible....

Guess the impatience bug is just getting the better of me again.

jb0yx said:
Either that, or it'd be a few years long and about as interesting as actually being there. :p

Alerino said:
"it will start when it's ready"

maybe i've read that somewhere...
Probably 3dRealms.com

i somehow doubt they'll be ready to ship tomorrow. they predicted the 15th over a week ago, and obviously gave it as a "very latest" estimate. id be very surprised if they predicted correctly the exact date itd be done by.

here's to hoping im wrong.

gibberish said:
i somehow doubt they'll be ready to ship tomorrow. they predicted the 15th over a week ago, and obviously gave it as a "very latest" estimate. id be very surprised if they predicted correctly the exact date itd be done by.

here's to hoping im wrong.
They knew exactly when it would ship. The looked at the work, said "this'll take an hour to do", and put a mark on their calendar to start work on it Today.

Back