2nd Edition At Link-sang

slypie

Still Fresh
Hi all, was browsing Lik-Sang and noticed it said 2nd edition GP2X was in stock, Does anyone know if this is true as I can't find any info on 2nd edition the the official page.

If it is true does anyone know whats changed?

It probably just comes with the latest firmware on it. I would like to know myself if theirs been any major changes.

thought as much that nothing had really changed. I was hoping that maybe the joystick had been improved and a few other hardware problems as well.

If you buy one from GBAX (I believe GP32z as well) then it'll be flashed with the latest firmware and tested. Lik-sang are having you on, don't trust them with this.

th--- thermal pads? DOES MINE HAVE THESE?!??!

Woah... phew! I just checked, they do. Man, i thought that i was done for!

Third editions transform into flying ninja monkey robots with eye beams, maybe you should wait for that. They also make the finest tea in Korea, and serve it with toast and jam. It sometimes makes me regret being an early adopter.

yeah me too!
I was mightily upset that my gp2x is going to be outdone by monkeys with frickin lazers attatched to their heads!

I heard that the third edition has a spare hand attatchment, so that when you use both hands to hold it, there is another protruding hand coming from the unit ready to do...stuff for you! interesting...

I thought the hand was for making tea.

OK, I think I'll have to veer this back on-topic now...

No matter where you order from, you'll get the same unit version. I'd advise you against Lik-Sang.

HOLY SHIT! This means my GP2X will come FINALLY! HAHAHAHAH!

As a postscript, I don't suggest anyone gets the GP2X from them. They're hardware snobs, and have had me waiting for upwards of three months to even show availability, when I had pre-ordered in november.

But, oh, jeez. I'm the happiest bear in the land.

i have a second edition with no thermal pads, max i could OC was 255, i took out my dreamcast thermal pads and put them in, i can now OC to 270 :)

*only second edition with thermal pads woot*

The 2nd edition has a locked firmware that prevents emulators from working....
Oh wait, sorry, that is the Sony PSP....

hercule18 posted on Feb 6 2006 at 11:49 PM said:
what is thermal pads?

herc. :ph34r:

It's a something like a rubber on the chipset of gp2x. It was causing mostly problems because there were too much of it so it could push lcd panel and distort image (among other problems).

One of the (not) great GPH's ideas...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back