Gp2x Versions

nubie posted on Dec 5 2005 at 08:58 PM said:
first impression was that the buttons were too close together. but then I got used to it, and they really couldn't be much farther apart anyway.
I don't have one, but the buttons probably could have been a bit further apart, if the whole set of buttons be turned to one side a bit... Sorta like this:

..A
.........B
X
......Y

(hope that gets the idea across)

Last edited by a moderator:
Mr. Anderson posted on Dec 5 2005 at 11:37 AM said:
screw the DS with it's cheap plastic and loose hinge

God, the DS hinge...

I dropped it once, and the little plastic hinge completely broke off. It has now been replaced with a strip of paper. That is better.

nubie posted on Dec 5 2005 at 06:58 PM said:
first impression was that the buttons were too close together. but then I got used to it, and they really couldn't be much farther apart anyway.

I think they're fine for games like Mario Kart or Sonic, games where you only really need two face buttons and shoulder buttons, but games like Megaman X which requires some hardcore claw techniques on a snes pad, let alone a GP2X pad, it gets tricky. Try dash jumping while releasing a charged shot and landing mid charge into another dash on this thing - it's fiddley ;)

Still, awesome machine. Absolutely awesome to the max.

no_skill posted on Dec 5 2005 at 02:23 PM said:
it will be very handy for games like descent 1/2 where the buttons will be used as digital pad :)

:blink: :huh: :unsure: ?????????

I didn't do that when I played descent maximum. I don't think so at least.

you mean forward/back and strafe on the right and "mouselook" on the stick?

maybe it is like that. oh well :)

hmm yeah true... the 4 C-Buttons of the N64 where also that close together and it worked nice for moving forward, backward and strafing, while looking with the stick. Only one problem there: The gp2x stick isn't analogue, but it will most likely still work out well with the 8 microswitches :)

Back