Gp2x Second Edition?

pikey

Still Fresh
I heard there was a second edition of the gp2x coming out, does anyone have any news on this? And does anyone know what's updated in this version, I was hoping to buy a console tonight but might have to hold on for a awhile if it seems like the enw version will be worth the wait.

And, merry Christmas all. =)

if you mean 'second edition' in the way that the 'first edition' gp2x said "first edition" right on it, where mine does not say anything there, then the 2nd edition is out, and in my hands. It shipped with firmware 1.0.1 (versus 1.0.0) but I haven't noticed any fewer problems. I guess I have a nice, sturdy headphone jack--does that count?

Reaperman93010 posted on Dec 24 2005 at 11:27 PM said:
if you mean in the way that the "first edition" gp2x said "first edition" right on it, where mine does not say anything there, then the 2nd edition is out, and in my hands. It shipped with firmware 1.0.1 (versus 1.0.0) but I haven't noticed any fewer problems. I guess I have a nice, sturdy headphone jack--does that count?
nope since mine is also sturdy(as of now ^^)

Last edited by a moderator:
wait...looking at andersons... There is another difference

the decal covering my power/"battery" indicators is white where his are clear. (just those two little circles, the rest is the same)

mine is clearly superior, buy 2nd edition now! :p

Well i've been browsing the net like mad and it seems that the second edition isn't out yet, according to lik-sang. Although I don't know if gbax is selling the second edition or not.

If you've got a nice sturdy headphone jack as you say Reaperman than maybe you just got a good system from the first batch. Or as you say the second edition is out and in your hands, in which case I need to hurry up and order. :)

there is no SECOND edition... lik-sang just made that up so they could scare people out of buying them from other distributors when they didn't order 'em in time...

theres no such thing as a second edition, the things just came out, if GPH released a second edition now there would be a lot of very pissed people

Paradox posted on Dec 25 2005 at 12:15 AM said:
theres no such thing as a second edition, the things just came out, if GPH released a second edition now there would be a lot of very pissed people

With christmas being pretty much here and lots of alcohol flowing, I guess there is a hugh amount of people that are pissed. :rolleyes:

And NO, There will not be a F200 (GP2x second edition) in the foreseeable future according to GPH.

Trooper

Well there hasn't been a change in the hardware since the original release with "First Edition" written on the case, unless you count this hardware modification as a change.

IIRC, there was one hardware modification from the units that say "First Edition" and the later ones, and that was some glue around the power and battery LEDs to prevent them from sinking.. I have a "First Edition" and my LEDs have sunk. No major drama though.

Craigix also said that in future if GPH can't get the 64MB NAND in stock anymore, they'll start using 128MB. No other hardware changes are planned. The future versions will NOT have wireless, a harddrive, or any other major changes. Wait for the GP3X for those. :p

That's a bit of a bitch, I've been reading of so many problems and hoped they would be fixed with the second edition i've been reading about. But before I go and order one, are you all sure of this? Claiming it's a scam by liksang sounds a bit farfetched to me.

what problems are you worried about? there isnt a single major one.
And liksang is talking it bad couse they wont be able to sell them until next year.

Would there be a chance for GPH to change the cap of the joystick? Such as putting rubber or something on it, so it doesn't slip? Also does anyone experience the so-called "deadzones"? If so, would this type of stuff be fixed?

yes, they announced that it will be changed in the future and that they will also sell them for a low price, or even give them away for free.

Cool, that's a relief. Even though I don't think it sounds horrendous as of now. Improvents are always good ;)

Vimacs posted on Dec 25 2005 at 12:23 AM said:
yes, they announced that it will be changed in the future and that they will also sell them for a low price, or even give them away for free.
Cool, that's a relief. Even though I don't think it sounds horrendous as of now. Improvents are always good wink.gif
.....i don't think he was serious.....

There are no major problems, a small vocal minority whining on MBs does not mean problems for 100% of the people, more like 0.5%. My 'first edition' unit is golden. Just buy it, there's not going to be any major refinements.

And don't buy it from Lik-Sang, buy it from gp32z if you are in north america, or gbax if you are in europe. If you are in asia, playasia.

Reaperman93010 posted on Dec 24 2005 at 03:36 PM said:
wait...looking at andersons... There is another difference

the decal covering my power/"battery" indicators is white where his are clear. (just those two little circles, the rest is the same)

mine is clearly superior, buy 2nd edition now! :p

You are joking right, you probably have the vinyl protector still on.

Back