2 Months..... umm, weeks to go (2012-02-06)

This may be a dumb question, but what is SGX? Google gives me "Asia-Pacific securities and derivatives", "Singapore Exchange Limited" and "Updated forecasts by the San Diego Weather Forecast Office". I guess neither asian stockmarket, nor the weather forecast for San Diego are hardwired in the Pandora? ;)

So, after a long and disappointng three year journey I have decided to bow out of the pandora line and cancel my preorder from batch 1.

It seemed like a great concept a few years ago but the recent events and information have led me to believe it is better to get the refund and pick up something else with the $420.00 US I paid for the pandora, TV out cable, case and UPS shipping. (Perhaps a PSvita and some games or an Xbox360) In the end it seems like the system will rock for those who are still into it, but for me it is probably about 2 years past where it would have been interesting. The good thing is someone else in the original group (or in the new group based on the new system) will get their pandora 1 slot earlier.

It was, and still is, a great idea. To all the the people who worked on this, hats off to you. It is not an easy thing you are trying and you should all be commended for making it work this long.

Hopefully all of you still waiting, batch 1 or the new people who just joined the line, get your pandora's as quick as humanly possible and enjoy them fully!

p

Last edited by a moderator:
What a wonderful example of a graceful first and last post :) May you be happy with your new whatever takes the Pandoras place and thankyou for bowing out so nicely and bumping up the remaining batch1 folk in the process.

So, after a long and disappointng three year journey I have decided to bow out of the pandora line and cancel my preorder from batch 1.

It seemed like a great concept a few years ago but the recent events and information have led me to believe it is better to get the refund and pick up something else with the $420.00 US I paid for the pandora, TV out cable, case and UPS shipping. (Perhaps a PSvita and some games or an Xbox360) In the end it seems like the system will rock for those who are still into it, but for me it is probably about 2 years past where it would have been interesting. The good thing is someone else in the original group (or in the new group based on the new system) will get their pandora 1 slot earlier.

It was, and still is, a great idea. To all the the people who worked on this, hats off to you. It is not an easy thing you are trying and you should all be commended for making it work this long.

Hopefully all of you still waiting, batch 1 or the new people who just joined the line, get your pandora's as quick as humanly possible and enjoy them fully!

If you don't want a Pandora, that's ok - thanks for not ranting about the shortcomings of the project. ^_^

Hi! I am really really bad with math! But i made a preorder a long while ago!

I am willing to upgrade early next month (jobs suck -_- ) Where would i go on that day to upgrade???

Thanks and have a nice day!

^

Where did you preorder from? Open Pandora LTD/gbax.com in the UK which is CraigIX's company or Open Pandora GmbH/gp2x.de with EvilDragon out of Germany?

So it has been now +2 years since I payed via credit card for Pandora (Order date: Sep 12, 2010), if not mistaken it was around $425 Cndn.

Still I have received nothing for the money I payed, Nothing not even an email.

I have also emailed sales a number of times which I received the standard reply of checking the forum, and it will be delivered on X date.

Well this is no way to run any buisness, taking money from honest paying customers and jerking them around for yes +2 years.

Please return my money ASAP.

This company and product are a joke.

BTW I did email sales yesterday and no doubt have recieved the standrard reply.

Please again return my money.

There are still people waiting close to 4 years.. There is a whole dramatic story on why things needed to be this way and I'm not going to dig too much into it. Boils down it's this way or they would of had to file bankruptcy which would of meant no Pandoras or refunds to anyone.. this is the better solution.

So you have several options:

• Ask for a refund from who ever you ordered from.
  • "upgrade" your order to match the current cost of the Pandora $500 US (will be the difference of what you paid.) and you will get your Pandora with in a week or so.
  • Just wait and you will get your Pandora for $175 less than everyone else..

If you stick with getting a Pandora, you will be getting a better Pandora than you ordered.. as these units have double the SDRAM and an improved SGX gpu in them..

1GHZ units will be coming along out as well. These will be selling for more money, but you should be able to upgrade your order to these when they become available.

Last edited by a moderator:
There are still people waiting close to 4 years.. There is a whole dramatic story on why things needed to be this way and I'm not going to dig too much into it. Boils down it's this way or they would of had to file bankruptcy which would of meant no Pandoras or refunds to anyone.. this is the better solution.

So you have several options:

• Ask for a refund from who ever you ordered from.
  • "upgrade" your order to match the current cost of the Pandora $500 US (will be the difference of what you paid.) and you will get your Pandora with in a week or so.
  • Just wait and you will get your Pandora for $175 less than everyone else..

If you stick with getting a Pandora, you will be getting a better Pandora than you ordered.. as these units have double the SDRAM and an improved SGX gpu in them..

1GHZ units will be coming along out as well. These will be selling for more money, but you should be able to upgrade your order to these when they become available.

Thanks,

It's just this device looks soo Awsome and I really have been patient Not to sound whiney but two years is a lot of time and it was not cheap.

I'd rather not spend any more money then I have now.

Thanks for the prompt reponse.

Back