2 Ipod's One Laptop........what Do I Do?!?

CUPC4KES

THERE IS ONLY ONE TRUTH.....
Website
Visit site
hi, i just got an ipod today but my girlfriend already has one, my new one wouldnt register on the itunes we have installed on the laptop(the apple shop bloke said this would work) so i removed the old itunes, installed the new, and now either ipod i try dont show in itunes, but i get it open as drive e, like when i either put in media card or my psp. does anyone know what im doing wrong please?? cheers

I'm not sure what you are doing wrong but it should work. :huh: We use both of our iPod minis on my computer no problems.

It should already be in windows format I believe but you could try downloading the updated firmware utility from the apple website which will update the ipod's firmware.

If that doesn't work uninstall iTunes again. Reboot the computer and reinstall the latest version. Reboot again and then connect your iPod and see if it asks for your iPods serial number etc....

If that was when you updated the firmware there are two options. One to restore and one to update. If you use the update option the music stays intact on the iPod. But if the iPod was in the wrong format then I guess you had no choice but to use the restore option instead.

I'm glad you've got it working. :)

CUPC4KES posted on Jul 17 2005 at 09:53 AM said:
i finally did it, but managed to wipe nearly 4gb of music off her ipod........oh well, cheers for the help.

hope she has it backed up ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe if you make two user accounts they will both have different iTunes libraries and should support different iPods.

Rico is correct. that's what I do to keep my parents music from being on my iPod.
My 2 cousins do this as well

Back