- Aug 8, 2005
- GP32Spain, Spain
GP2X Wiz "Tower Defense" coding competition.
First place: 300€
Second place: 200€
Third place: 100€
Deadline: September 30th
Winners announcement: October 15th
- Only "Tower Defense" style games are accepted.
- The games can be coded either for GP2X Wiz or using interpreters like Fenix. In any case, games must include everything needed to work on GP2X Wiz. NO Flash games allowed.
- The games must work correctly on the last official firmware.
- Multiple entries may be submitted, but you will only be eligible to win one prize.
- All submitted games must be new for GP2X Wiz. We don't accept games already published on GP2X Wiz. We accept ports from other systems.
- Don't release the game to the public before we have announced the entries. If you release the game before the end of the contest, you will be disqualified.
- There is a size limit of 2GB.
- Entries under 20MB must be submitted to webmaster((at))gp32spain.com by the above deadline. For entries larger than 20MB, please contact us and we will open an ftp account for you. The subject MUST BE "Tower Defense Contest".
- Entries will be judged by three people. The jury will be announced after the deadline.
- Along with the game you should include a "info.txt" file with the following information:
- Entry Name.
- Entry description and quick guide.
- Nick and contact e-mail.
- People living outside Spain should have a PayPal account in order to receive the prizes.
- The organization reserves the right to declare the prize null and void if the quality of the games is insufficient or if there is little or no public interest.
- The rules may be modified at any time as appropriate. Any changes or additions will be published on www.gp32spain.com.
Tower defense or TD is a subgenre of real-time strategy computer games. The goal is to try to stop enemies from crossing the map by building towers which shoot at them as they pass. Enemies and towers usually have varied abilities and costs. When an enemy is defeated the player earns money or points, which are used to buy or upgrade towers.
More information: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tower_defense