100 Hand Painted Special Edition Pandoras

craigix said:
And considering we have lost a fortune on these 4000, making some extra money would indeed lift our moods.
Hmmm...
I'm not an economy expert but I guess you wouldn't have that stress if you did more to speed up the Manufacturing Process of the Pandora within the last...lets say...2 Years. ;)
At least one simple visit of the Chinese Factory half a year ago with the entire Team and a good Translator would be a better way because maybe you already would sell the 2. Batch now. Time is money, I think this is more true than I thought once.
And because tomorrow the Cases SHOULD be shipped and because I guess thy don't be shipped, not even next week, you should find a better way to "motivate" these damn Case Factory!
You don't make any "extra"money untill you sell the next batch. And you don't sell the next batch until the first one is shipped and the first one will never ship without the cases so I really recommend to start with Plan B.

EDIT: Just a technical Question: will this special Painting happen over the existing Factory painting or will be unpainted cases used?

Last edited by a moderator:
ricki said:
Anyway, double7 has a point. I like the idea of a special edition, but those should be the last units made and delivered or maybe units which are already ordered.
Agreed. That's probably the plan. Craigix could stop this hatefest of a thread just by confirming that that is the plan.

Why do I think that's the plan? Because doing it any other way would be such a massive kick in the balls to the pre-orderers that it would shatter community goodwill. Sure, if they've strung us along this far, we'll probably stick around to the end, but they need a happy and undivided community if they intend to keep selling these things in the future.

With that in mind, I'm sure they'll do something similar to the common sense plan that Grench outlined.

But I wouldn't worry too much that he's not clarifying the plan, Craigix likes to be mysterious.

pleng said:
Would you rather they struggled along, trying to do their duty to the first 3,800 pre-orderers and risk going under in the process of trying to do the right thing? Or would it them become OK for them to sell these premium units in order to generate enough revenue to increase their chances of survival?
They could raise nearly the same cash by selling pre-orders for the Fancy Pandoras, and without damaging the community goodwill.

Exophase said:
I imagine > 3900 were taken at some point but a lot of people have canceled and maybe not as many new people have replaced them..
I still have a google checkout link that I need to fill out and order. Once I hear reviews on the Pandora I can order one. What will happen if I order one that you thought was cancelled but you already painted that one?

You have no real justification for being so hatefully angry at random forum goers. So your post just makes you seem like an asshole on the internet.

and random forum goers have NO justification for being so hateful and enraged at OP over a bonus offer, or don't you see it like that?

oh!, I get it!, other posters can name call, insult, defame, lie, make up facts and demand that someone they have never met can do as THEY say or they will continue to be unpleasant, offensive, rude, obnoxious etc, even though said person actually never did anything other than try to make a handheld console other people are unable to make themselves.

on the other hand, the person actually DOING something, trying to give something back, and building their console, should accept their screams, tantrums, insults and banal cr*p with a big smile and a hearty "thank you sir"?

and it doesn't make all the raging haters and defamers look like "an asshole on the internet"?

umm, don't see it like that at all, on my home planet we use reason, not gibbering half assed insanity, if people want to insult people, they can buy an Iphone, they probably have an app for that :p

my post was a reality check to some of the more idiotic/offensive posts on this thread, people are NOT supposed to like it, but if their brain does anything more than keep their hair follicles company, it should make them think, at least a little bit.

TylerAW said:
Exophase said:
I imagine > 3900 were taken at some point but a lot of people have canceled and maybe not as many new people have replaced them..
I still have a google checkout link that I need to fill out and order. Once I hear reviews on the Pandora I can order one. What will happen if I order one that you thought was cancelled but you already painted that one?
By the time they ship, it may be too late to get in on the first batch. In fact, it may be too late now. I would check by email before I used the Google checkout, if I were you.

hobbyman II said:
umm, don't see it like that at all, on my home planet we use reason, not gibbering half assed insanity,
Well, if you could continue with that, even when you're here on our planet, I think we'd all appreciate it.

on the other hand, the person actually DOING something, trying to give something back, and building their console
He's got my money! He sure as hell better be trying to give something back!

hobbyman II said:
on the other hand, the person actually DOING something, trying to give something back, and building their console, should accept their screams, tantrums, insults and banal cr*p with a big smile and a hearty "thank you sir"?
Oh, by the way, you're justifying your own tantrum with this bit here? If you were back on your home planet, (the one where they use logic), this would only make any sense at all if you were connected to Open Pandora. I didn't think you were.

Could you explain (Logically) how you're in position to make angry rants on behalf of Open Pandora ltd and/or Craigix?

hobbyman II said:
and random forum goers have NO justification for being so hateful and enraged at OP over a bonus offer, or don't you see it like that?

No one is being hateful over OP offering bonus editions. They just don't like a prospect of those bonus cases adding more delay to what has already been an unreasonable amount. Don't you see that?? I don't really see the big deal about asking OP not to let anyone cut in front of them now (not that OP said that's what they're doing, but people have also only said IF that's thge case)

hobbyman II said:
oh!, I get it!, other posters can name call, insult, defame, lie, make up facts and demand that someone they have never met can do as THEY say or they will continue to be unpleasant, offensive, rude, obnoxious etc, even though said person actually never did anything other than try to make a handheld console other people are unable to make themselves.

The only one I see insulting anyone here is you. OP collected money for a product a long time ago under a false pretense that it'll be shipping very soon and have said several times it's coming. They're still on the hook for this. Their motivations don't matter and your glorification of them is petty - there's no reason they should be treated differently from any other company selling a product just because you have a personal affection for them.

hobbyman II said:
and it doesn't make all the raging haters and defamers look like "an asshole on the internet"?

Like VRAndy already said, they have a reason to be angry - what's your reason to be like 10x angrier? Are you in love with craigix?

hobbyman II said:
umm, don't see it like that at all, on my home planet we use reason, not gibbering half assed insanity, if people want to insult people, they can buy an Iphone, they probably have an app for that :p

What planet is that, the deep center of Open Pandora's ass?

hobbyman II said:
my post was a reality check to some of the more idiotic/offensive posts on this thread, people are NOT supposed to like it, but if their brain does anything more than keep their hair follicles company, it should make them think, at least a little bit.

Yeah, it makes me think you're a bit of a nutjob.

internet_argument.png

"It's easier to be an asshole to words than to people."

Attachments

• internet_argument.png
    internet_argument.png
    120.1 KB · Views: 86
VRAndy said:
TylerAW said:
Exophase said:
By the time they ship, it may be too late to get in on the first batch. In fact, it may be too late now. I would check by email before I used the Google checkout, if I were you.
Google Checkout links expire after 60 days it's only been 12 :)

TylerAW said:
VRAndy said:
He meant that OPT may not have any left in the first batch and that's what you should check. Not length of google checkout.

TitanUranus said:
Will voting for Nick Clegg make my Pandora come quicker?

What a fun night its going to be. The polling station was packed, which implies something, just not sure what... Hung parliament anyone?

PS VRAndy - you, my friend, are on a roll tonight!!

craigix said:
Which part of 'We have 100 spare Pandoras' don't you understand?
Precisely none.

I apologize for my simplyfied english, please consider my answer same as Grenchs posting done before here. Thanks a lot to Grench for the more detailed explanations! Signed!

Again, you don't have spare Pandoras (as yet). You may have spare cases. Painting, signing and whatevering those empty cases is fine.

Pandoras 'r' us!

Hm. "Pando'r'us!" ?

Let's get this straight, we get dozens of requests to buy that pink pandora, so we think, yeah, that's a good idea, let's design some custom artwork and use some of the left over Pandora consoles to make something which we can look back on in 10 years and smile when we see them on ebay.

Then we get this shit.

You know of all the threads this one has depressed me the most and made me realise there really are some selfish assholes on this board.

I suggest you ask for refunds if you are not happy with us trying to claw back a small amount of money from this project via *unsold* Pandora units, a project which has taken 3 years of the teams lives with just a huge loss to show for it.

Yeah, thanks.

PS - Everyone else, thanks for the support, you know when you get your Pandora it will be as good as it can possibly be, that we will support you for years to come and it will be a great fun.

Na-Noo said:
TylerAW said:
VRAndy said:
He meant that OPT may not have any left in the first batch and that's what you should check. Not length of google checkout.
But the google order was from the first batch.

craigix said:
Let's get this straight, we get dozens of requests to buy that pink pandora, so we think, yeah, that's a good idea, let's design some custom artwork and use some of the left over Pandora consoles to make something which we can look back on in 10 years and smile when we see them on ebay.

Then we get this shit.

You know of all the threads this one has depressed me the most and made me realise there really are some selfish assholes on this board.

I suggest you ask for refunds if you are not happy with us trying to claw back a small amount of money from this project via *unsold* Pandora units, a project which has taken 3 years of the teams lives with just a huge loss to show for it.

Yeah, thanks.

PS - Everyone else, thanks for the support, you know when you get your Pandora it will be as good as it can possibly be, that we will support you for years to come and it will be a great fun.

then let me clarify exactly what seems to be the problems people have with the special edition idea:

1) We've waited two years, and this opens the possibility that someone can saunter in and get theirs before ours, even though they haven't had any financial stake in this project for the 18 months the rest of us had.

This is simply rectified: Confirm that the special editions will be shipping after you've shipped the rest of the preorders.

2) In guaranteeing that the special editions will be functionally better (800 mhz), and not just cosmetically different, it's threatening to split the development community in that those of us who get the less functional units (500?600 mhz) are afraid that we won't be able to run some of the software that we've spent the last two years waiting for and expecting to use.

This is less easily rectified, especially with the last shitstorm thread about overclocking that already cost us vimacs.
I don't have a suggestion on this one, and that worries me.

But this is all about fear anyways. The special editions are fine, by and large, but the fact is that after waiting for 18 months for something, any extra delay caused by this would leave a serious bitter taste in my mouth over the whole deal. You've had our money for over a year. Fill our orders first.

Commit to that, and a lot of this goes away.

craigix said:

Then we get this shit.

Yeah, thanks.

I know you are not talking to me (I think), but I want nothing more than to pay for my google link and wait for my Pandora. Sometimes we are not completly in control of our lives and sometimes we have parents who won't let you buy something unless it has 5 fucken stars from review sites :( , also sometimes you have parents that have stock in Apple and think its the greatest fucken thing in the world no matter what you tell them.

Sorry, I've probably missed something because I only basically read one page, but it sounded like people wanted clarification and no queue jumping more than anything else. If this isn't true could someone point me to the relevant post so I can get up to speed please.
As I've not seen anyone say not to do custom cases after the first batch has been shipped, or if the can pay extra for a custom case but keep their place in queue?
Which doesn't seem unsuportive to me.

TylerAW said:
Na-Noo said:
TylerAW said:
VRAndy said:
But the google order was from the first batch.
I don't know anything about google checkout, sorry.
So have you or haven't you paid for a pre-order first batch?

Back