$1 Pandora.

I hope that they don't need to move this production also to germany for getting results... :ph34r:

we have yet to see if all the process steps have been followed and openpandora's are really delivered from Germany .... at least he 3530 has not been discontinued....yet

I hope that they don't need to move this production also to germany for getting results... :ph34r:

we have yet to see if all the process steps have been followed and openpandora's are really delivered from Germany .... at least he 3530 has not been discontinued....yet

Well, and if it ever is, we can use the 37xx right away on the same PCB ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it possible to get an official update on this from Craig?

It's been 10 weeks since Craig started the thread and 3 weeks since he posted a picture of a mis-printed one which did suggest that we weren't too far away.

(Also about 8.5 weeks since I paid for one myself)

I realise the main component of my £36 + P/P is a donation to Open Pandora Ltd but again we're left with an information void.

If Craig is waiting for the full 100 to be sold before manufacturing or there's some other reason things are being held up then I'm sure we could live with it but please let us know.

(If the mini-Pandora is being made out of a single part, with a design in place and a sample already been made, then I can't imagine what the hold-up would be apart from having to wait for a slot in the manufacturing queue)

I've noticed in other threads that straight questions are asked but then get lost as other people respond and take the thread down a different line. Let's try to keep the focus on getting some kind of update with realistic timescales.

I've noticed in other threads that straight questions are asked but then get lost as other people respond and take the thread down a different line. Let's try to keep the focus on getting some kind of update with realistic timescales.
Quite agree. :)

You heard the man, people!

Reading this i had a flashback of the end of my first visited open air concert: "[The artist] has left the building..."

Wow, is this still ongoing? Even the small Pandora is suffering from delays :(
Maybe it again was choosen the wrong company. I bet there are hundreds out there that could make such tiny keychain thingies within a week. Advertisement gift industry is pretty big.

It just speaks to the metal shell pandora? Pandora not in itself, right?

I am French and I can not follow what is being discussed, just because I might be interested in metal hull.

The 100 units are sold it all? or is there still?

cordially

It just speaks to the metal shell pandora? Pandora not in itself, right?

I am French and I can not follow what is being discussed, just because I might be interested in metal hull.

The 100 units are sold it all? or is there still?

cordially
These are tiny, keyring size pandoras, made to raise money.

430325991.jpg

We now have three threads on this subject (as far as I'm aware):

http://boards.openpandora.org/index.php?/topic/5189-1-pandora/ (this one)

http://boards.openpandora.org/index.php?/topic/5299-mini-metal-pandora/

http://boards.openpandora.org/index.php?/topic/6255-mini-metal-pandoras/

The last update I've seen is from the 26th of November (a week ago today):

I need to make a phone call which I can't do until Monday.

They are finished though, I had one with me at Replay2011.

(See the full post: http://boards.openpandora.org/index.php?/topic/6255-mini-metal-pandoras/page__view__findpost__p__108442)

Another vague post without any real detail or update on timescales.

Every post from Craig seems to be subject to a bit of smoke and mirrors.

This *might* have been necessary at times for the Pandora itself but it's difficult to understand why it would be the case for the small keyring. It's really disappointing. I'm sure we've all learned to wait for things over the past 3 years but we never seem to be hearing anywhere close to the full (or real) story.

I've tried to support the project from the start (early batch 1 orderer and upgraded to premium when that was offered), still waiting for a TV cable and now a keyring.

However, I've lost patience with what feels like deception for no good reason and I'm at the point where I'm minded to tell OP Ltd to forget about those remaining items and consider the money as my last donation.

Don't lose patience for a scrap of metal :^).

Everyone is damn busy so things are slow.

Don't lose patience for a scrap of metal :^).

Everyone is damn busy so things are slow.

That's an easy argument to make and accept but it must have some limit. (I'm not trying to have a go at you here)

My lost patience isn't over waiting for products; it's about waiting for clear and honest information.

How much time does it take to say one of:

1) Hi Guys, I made the phone call and they're being sent to us individually by carrier pigeon. we expect to get them all by the middle of December

2) There's been a delay. I'll give you an update at the end of the week

3) I put your money on a "sure thing" but it didn't come up. Sorry, folks, but you'll need to send some more cash.

I'm sure there was plenty of time to make the first posts telling us about the request for help.

That is oh-so-cute. And you got a Craig's Autograph Card, too! :D

I love the way the screen is numbered, too.

I can't wait 'til mine ships, now. :D

The hole for the keyring looks to be hastily drilled. Still a nice token of appreciation. Color me jealous.

Back