Zeq2lite

maverick said:
Looks great, i cant wait to see this on the pandora.
Also Mdave, how many forms do you plan on putting in the game from the DBZ series.
You know like: kaioken,SS,SS2,SS3,great ape,fusions.
I would love if that was in the game.

The game supports up to 7 transformations per character :) or as we call it, tiers, because some characters don't actually physically transform ;)

What we don't have and can't support without some serious modifications to the engine and map compiler code, is Oozaru or similar large characters because of the hard coded bounding box size for players. Unless you don't mind an Oozaru's body to clip half way through the sides of cliffs :p

Gosh darn I should post more information on the blog and make more videos, but I'm too busy to because my efforts are concentrated on coding the game itself :p

Once I nail all these little bugs I find during our online play tests with the team and beta testers, I'll get some more eye candy and info for you guys :)

This could be one heck of a killer app for the Pandora if we polish this baby up! Problem is I still haven't done a line of code for the Pandora itself! Here's hoping Craig's deal with shipping out just the board and screen and stuff without the case to customers is still an option :p It will help give me that little bit of time to get it ready for it's real launch.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mdave, i am also interested on how the leveling up system works.
is it typical win battle=exp or is it more complicated, are they side quest that level you up.
Also, are they tournaments on this game.I dont just mean tournaments in game but also online against people around the world.
Tournaments would be real fun and boost replay.
And finally, how will power struggles work, will it work like on the ps2:spinning the analog nubs
that would be great, cant wait for this game and many props to you Mdave.

maverick said:
Mdave, i am also interested on how the leveling up system works.
is it typical win battle=exp or is it more complicated, are they side quest that level you up.
Also, are they tournaments on this game.I dont just mean tournaments in game but also online against people around the world.
Tournaments would be real fun and boost replay.
And finally, how will power struggles work, will it work like on the ps2:spinning the analog nubs
that would be great, cant wait for this game and many props to you Mdave.

ZEQ2Lite doesn't play anything like the console DBZ games, it plays more like a your typical third person or first person shooter with mouse to look and keyboard to move (or 1 analog to look and the other analog to move for Pandora), but with gameplay mechanics that try to be as close to the show as possible, and NOT from other games.

Power struggles are a lot more tactical then just seeing who can spin analog sticks the fastest :p

We don't have anything like your typical RPG level and exp system. More on how you get stronger later ;)

So do you have a gaol release date for Zeq2lite, are you aiming at "pandora launch title"
or are you waiting for the pandora to come out so you can fix any bugs on it or writing the program for the
pandora, lets say: two months after the pandora is released.

Awesome!! i was never a great fan of the show because battles usually took at least 3 episodes to end, but i liked the story. It looks like a fight will not take nearly that long in the game, and the graphics are amazing, so really looking forward to it.

Cheers, and keep up the good work!!

so do you need help in coding?
i have some experience in quake coding
ive complete a lot of nice grapchical features tto quake 3 years ago like parallax and bump maping,bloom.....
so is your source public it would be a lot of fun to play with it ive can add some very nice features to it

Hah 2 months after release? Who knows? :p I don't think it would take me that long to port it as soon as I get a Pandora :p I plan to port it as soon as I can. That could be a few days or so. This is, of course, assuming we have the game finished and ready on the PC first, our current platform for developing :)

hans said:
so do you need help in coding?
i have some experience in quake coding
ive complete a lot of nice grapchical features tto quake 3 years ago like parallax and bump maping,bloom.....
so is your source public it would be a lot of fun to play with it ive can add some very nice features to it

Ah awesome, engine effects like bloom would be very beneficial to the game, especially if you can apply bloom only to certain objects in the game :)

The code is sort of public, the 'ask and you get' kind of public :D

We have an IRC channel setup for developers and testers and fans of the game at irc.freenode.net #zeq2

That is where all of the developer talk is held :)

See you there! ;)

Just a heads up, but we're releasing a PC build of the game beginning of next month soon! However, we don't have someone who can build and maintain Linux and Mac builds of the game, so if anyone can, please drop by our IRC channel (info in post above).

Here's a little something:
jdv1251309660s.png

Spread the word :D

I hope Son Goku had no pic flu when the game is realeased : "kame hame hatschi!!!!!! :lol:
The last dragon ball game that i played whas dragonball advance adventures for the gba..
zeq2lite looks realy cool,

We have released! More information here: http://zeq2.com/lite/

Please come to irc.freenode.net #zeq2 for finding out how to get connected to servers and any help/information you need.

The game is now ready to be ported to the Pandora too :)

Well, just downloaded the whole package (took an eternity to lead almost 100MB with my crappy connection) and had a quick look at it.
Sadly there was no server up yet so I just flew around in one map and tried some attacks.

The graphics are really cool and I hope this will be playable on the Pandora in the end. Also cool effects, though everytime I shoot a huge beam of light which explodes at the ground I expect there to be a hole after the smoke clears ;)
I was stunned how easy the controls are, I did really expect it to use a hundred different keys like Metal Gear Solid which is plain unplayable without a gamepad, but it's rather easy so kudos for that :)
I am not into the whole Dragonball franchise, but I like it so far (also the music is great) :)

Well I also did notice some bugs and as I don't know where else to report them (you maybe should create a bugzilla account or something like that...) here we go:
  • In the "Play" menu after changing the "Game mode" I would not let me change back from "Struggle" so I was fixed on that...
  • I played as Piccolo and pressing "3" did not select a valid KI-Power (no circle was outlined blue) and using the secondary fire mode makes him play a crazy (broken) animation - looks like he is bending over...
  • Oh and it did not save any of my configs (graphics and player) after exiting and restarting, though the "Game mode" is still on "Struggle" and can't be changed back (Edit: Just noticed it DID save the player model but nothing else)
Anyway, looks and feels great, keep up the great work :D

foxblock out

having trouble downloading, can someone help me, maybe put the files up on megaupload or something

Back