A List Of Actual Planned Projects

il port my games (that i made) to the pandora,if i can get one :unsure: .

ps there masivly multiplayer :D

pss its name is zxy,and it a text based adventure B)

Whoa a Massively Multiplayer Text Adventure game???

Talk about a sensory overload, and one I should of thought of; can't wait.

Currently in planning stages for "Ny Iht", 3D 3rd person action / puzzler game.

Current goal is to produce an real time 3D trailer about 1-2 minutes long, and then make it more and more interactive, until you get a good balance of action CG and intense game play. The finished product of that I will use as the basic game play mechanic, then add puzzle elements on top of each scenario to tie it off.

Overall goal is to produce a game with high quality visuals and a deep storyline. To make the best homebrew game I can.

Project status:
-Gameplay: Combination button-masher / strategy action game with on-screen visuals for timing, and a puzzle element mixed in for each scenario.
-Art: Need concept art based on feedback.
-Engine: Undecided. May use a modified version of quake3, or write my own engine in SDL.
-Sound: Not thinking about that yet, but some epic music to go along with a trailer would help.

Not against working in a team. If you're interested in a big, long term project, PM me.

I am currently looking for:
-3D modelers
-Concept / 2D artists
-Sound editors
-Music editors

Keep in mind that this is a LONG TERM project, if you're going to sign on for this, be prepared for a year's development time before we have a playable piece of code. You don't need to be extremely good at anything in particular, part of the goals of this project is honing your skills through development.

I'll port the usual set of demoscene software as soon as I have the real hardware in my hands. It's the same set that I've ported to numerous other platforms already so it should be a matter of a week or two. Overall something like 10+ demos, mostly ours but some other open source prods as well.

I m planning to port my Teamspeak 2 client to the pandora.
Its not fully working on PC right now, but I could work on that, once TS3 comes out I will hack that one. If I don't have enough time to port TS2 myself, I will publish my existing source codes and my protocol documentation (Which covers pretty much every existing feature and the speex codec)
//Edit: Making a server shouldn't be too hard neither ;)

I'm going to port Space Trader.

In the far future humanity is ruled by The Ministry of Accounts, an oppressive bureaucracy that tracks, records and taxes every transaction of daily life. From the depths of Red Tape a new breed of marketeer arises to challenge the authority and make a profit: the Space Trader is born!

Space Trader is a fast paced action trading game in full 3D. Players compete to make money by buying and selling commodities, capturing fugitives and collecting stash. Challenge yourself, your friends, and your foes in a bid to become the wealthiest Trader in space!

wide0024.th.jpg
wide0036.th.jpg
wide0014.th.jpg

The engine is bsaed on the Quake3 engine and as thus, the source is released. (not resources are not.) Therfore the game can be ported.

The game still remains commerical, but there is an demo to try befoer you buy.

I've quickly emailed the dev who assures me that the textures and game will fit in a 128MB gap rather easily despite the official requirements.

If anyone wants to help me with this, please let me know as I will probably work very slowly with this by myself.

http://www.playspacetrader.com

icurafu said:
I'm going to port Space Trader.

In the far future humanity is ruled by The Ministry of Accounts, an oppressive bureaucracy that tracks, records and taxes every transaction of daily life. From the depths of Red Tape a new breed of marketeer arises to challenge the authority and make a profit: the Space Trader is born!

Space Trader is a fast paced action trading game in full 3D. Players compete to make money by buying and selling commodities, capturing fugitives and collecting stash. Challenge yourself, your friends, and your foes in a bid to become the wealthiest Trader in space!
wide0024.th.jpg
wide0036.th.jpg
wide0014.th.jpg

The engine is bsaed on the Quake3 engine and as thus, the source is released. (not resources are not.) Therfore the game can be ported.

The game still remains commerical, but there is an demo to try befoer you buy.

I've quickly emailed the dev who assures me that the textures and game will fit in a 128MB gap rather easily despite the official requirements.

If anyone wants to help me with this, please let me know as I will probably work very slowly with this by myself.

http://www.playspacetrader.com

Nice, someone is picking this up. I guess it should be reasonably faster to build one team working on openarena, urbanterror, worldofpadman, tremulous and space trader, then one person working alone, shouldn't it? Most patches and configurations should be compatible to all engines, so whoever works at one of those, should share his efforts with the devs working on the other games.

Last edited by a moderator:
There was a thread?

As long as there is a strong Q3A base, individuals can work on each port. I like this one because of the WS support and the code looks very clean. But it uses glut, which I think is used to detect the capabilities of the OpenGL device. This can be done manually.

Maybe it was moved into the port request thread.

yes, it was moved, that's why I had edited my post :D

What I meant was that we have about 5 ports of q3a-based games planed/requested and most patches done for one of them should also have a good effect on the other games. So all devs working on a q3a-based port should probably keep in close contact, discuss what's the best way to solve a certain problem and reuse the work the others have already done.
That would help to reach faster progress, continuity and hopefully well thought tweakings. It would also ensure that someone who isn't that skilled can still port a certain q3a-flavor by looking at what others have already done. Sure, one could always look at the diffs, still close contact is always more friendly and helpfull :)

Back