Release Zelda Navi's Quest

Thank you sebt3 for your efforts in making this game as good as possible on the Pandora. Much appreciated! :)

It looks pretty good... I still don't like the movement/annimations as with the other Zelda in this series but otherwise it seems much better. but I've a problem, Everytime I quit the PND my save are deleted... not really playable like that, no one else got this issue?

It looks pretty good... I still don't like the movement/annimations as with the other Zelda in this series but otherwise it seems much better. but I've a problem, Everytime I quit the PND my save are deleted... not really playable like that, no one else got this issue?
huh ?arf, yay, it's a packaging issue. Will be fixed in next release (once I realy managed to fix that input system)

Thanks for the port. The game is quite nice, as I play it. There are some thing that bother me however:

1. Screen tearing - can you enable VSYNC? Someone asked this before, but I think there was some misunderstanding along the way.

2. Run key - I just acquired the Pegasus Boots, and I need to hold Shift to use them - that's impossible in the normal game. Could it be mapped to (A), or P?

3. Could you make ( B) also skip/end conversation? Only Start does that now, which is somewhat uncomfortable.

I forgot to comment when I played this, and I guess it has been a couple weeks now.  I don't remember if there were any issues while I was playing that were related to porting.  If there were they were minor and didn't impact my playing  or enjoyment (like keys listed instead of the buttons, but I prefer the buttons, so not an issue, they just don't match).  

There were a few things that bugged me about the game design choices.  Maybe someone can explain some of them to me.  Nintendo managed to make Zelda games that had many inventory items and only required 4 buttons and a d-pad, one of which is Link's Awakening, which is currently my favorite which I have played most years since it was released (I still haven't played the newest one, I am not into the 3D ones, and I need to run through a couple of the others again to see if my feelings have changed).  I don't understand why so many keys were needed with this game.  

It seems like it tries too hard to keep you from dying.  I am still early in the game, so that might change later, and those things that make it "too easy" now might turn out to be needed so I don't die every 5 seconds, which itself hasn't kept me from enjoying LA and other official games when I start getting stupid.

I seem to be stuck in the first dungeon.  I guess I made a poor choice with a key and can't find another with what is available to me.  I think I used 2 or 3 keys. I have the entrance to the boss room and a couple other areas open, and have jumped from a bridge or something.  I spent a while backtracking and checking everywhere and couldn't find a way to progress.  I would rather not start over.  If anyone wants to help me out please let me know.

So far I like the game and story.  I really appreciate the (English) port.  If sebt3 hadn't ported this I probably never would have played it.  Thanks!

I don't understand why so many keys were needed with this game.
The game have been design to be played on a keyboard. There so many shiny buttons to be used (jk)I tried to bring the number of keys back to a playable number but failed because the code design is meant to be used as it is and changing this would have mean rewritting the whole input/event management of the game which is too many work for a port imho

glad it pleased someone. you're very welcome :)

I don't understand why so many keys were needed with this game.
The game have been design to be played on a keyboard. There so many shiny buttons to be used (jk)
I tried to bring the number of keys back to a playable number but failed because the code design is meant to be used as it is and changing this would have mean rewritting the whole input/event management of the game which is too many work for a port imho

glad it pleased someone. you're very welcome :)
I appreciate what you did for the Pandora port.  That probably helped out a lot, especially with it using a bajillion keys.  I guess in that sense the port is better than the original for me.  Thanks again for all your work.

I seem to be stuck in the first dungeon.  I guess I made a poor choice with a key and can't find another with what is available to me.  I think I used 2 or 3 keys. I have the entrance to the boss room and a couple other areas open, and have jumped from a bridge or something.  I spent a while backtracking and checking everywhere and couldn't find a way to progress.  I would rather not start over.  If anyone wants to help me out please let me know.
I had the same problem when I started. I came to feel that the dungeons were designed so that you had to use the keys in a specific order. But that would make the game a hell, so fortunately it's not the case. The first dungeon requires finding some special way, that is somewhat hard to spot. I can tell you that it has something to do with the bridge.

I had the same problem when I started. I came to feel that the dungeons were designed so that you had to use the keys in a specific order. But that would make the game a hell, so fortunately it's not the case. The first dungeon requires finding some special way, that is somewhat hard to spot. I can tell you that it has something to do with the bridge.
I was still unable to make progress after that, probably because I made a stupid choice after that.  That is when I felt that I was stuck.  I will look around some more when I play again, and might share my save file so someone can verify.  (I am extremely patient with tough, well designed puzzles.  I have a mechanical one that I have been working on for years.  If I had money I would get some easier ones in the series to learn the basics since I guess being dropped from a plane into the middle of the ocean in chummed water with a bunch of  large hungry sharks is not always the best way to learn to swim.)

I was still unable to make progress after that, probably because I made a stupid choice after that.  That is when I felt that I was stuck.  I will look around some more when I play again, and might share my save file so someone can verify.  (I am extremely patient with tough, well designed puzzles.  I have a mechanical one that I have been working on for years.  If I had money I would get some easier ones in the series to learn the basics since I guess being dropped from a plane into the middle of the ocean in chummed water with a bunch of  large hungry sharks is not always the best way to learn to swim.)
I'm talking about another trick with the bridge (if I'm correct about your current progress). You have to do that trick with exactly three segments of the bridge assembled. I too was sure I made a stupid choice and locked myself up. To be honest, I haven't found the way myself, but watched a movie on YouTube in which some guy plays the whole game through. Try that if you can't find the way. Or I could check your save file. Or I could just tell you :) , but I will wait a bit longer, maybe you will figure it out.

Thanks for the port, it is even better than the original version... this series is getting better... I just regret that the movement are so bad compared to original zelda games, but that is totally irrelevant to your port...

I'm talking about another trick with the bridge (if I'm correct about your current progress). You have to do that trick with exactly three segments of the bridge assembled. I too was sure I made a stupid choice and locked myself up. To be honest, I haven't found the way myself, but watched a movie on YouTube in which some guy plays the whole game through. Try that if you can't find the way. Or I could check your save file. Or I could just tell you :) , but I will wait a bit longer, maybe you will figure it out.
Sending you a message since I have already done 2 things there.

Back