Zelda 1 Nes Diagonal Bias

paxl13

Hi there,

After seeing Zelda Classic, I said to myself that I wanted to replay to Zelda 1 ( thereafter Z1 ) and then I got the rom, put it on my '2x and fire up the execellent notaz emulator and discover that is was pretty unplayable with my f100 with has a good control but the diagonal bias is FAR too much to be playable. Do somone know of a patch that can get link to walk in diagonal in Z1 ? Or maybe there would be possible to make a modification in the emulator code to make it works more like a 4 way joystick in software instead of a 8 ways ?

Thanks for your tough,
paxl13

I think you never played the snes version, what I mean/want is Diagonal Movement not diagonal slash ! ;)

paxl

paxl13 said:
I think you never played the snes version, what I mean/want is Diagonal Movement not diagonal slash ! ;)

paxl
Oh, sorry. You're right I've never played the SNES vers., but I think I know what you're talking about. Seems to me I had a similar problem, it's too late for me to rmeember how I fixed it, if I did at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
paxl13 said:
Hi there,

After seeing Zelda Classic, I said to myself that I wanted to replay to Zelda 1 ( thereafter Z1 ) and then I got the rom, put it on my '2x and fire up the execellent notaz emulator and discover that is was pretty unplayable with my f100 with has a good control but the diagonal bias is FAR too much to be playable. Do somone know of a patch that can get link to walk in diagonal in Z1 ? Or maybe there would be possible to make a modification in the emulator code to make it works more like a 4 way joystick in software instead of a 8 ways ?

Thanks for your tough,
paxl13
You can't walk diagonally in Zelda 1.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back