yoyofr's Secret project

I hope the SNES emulator is out before the end o the year, but if it'll take longer than that then at least he (and his team co-workers) are going to put the effort into each and everyday that they work on it before release. And true, even if yoyo decides to quit on this project or abondon it (remember the incident with SNES9xGP?), then we still gotta source code on our hands, which means the project will continue to live on, even if the original author doesnt work with it anymore :)

EDIT: 200th reply to this thread!!! :D lol

sorry for my stupidity earlier i never new there was a pinned thread.

anyway can someone explain to me what "zipped saves" are? never heard that term before.

What additional features will the SNES emulator have on public/beta release? For example, we've heard it supports the mouse peripheral, how about the Super Scope, or what about stuff such as the GameShark/Action Replay facility? Then with codes you make up you can save 'em as a txt file or somethin and load them back up from the GP32 SMC so ya dun have to retype the codes, I think that'd be a good idea as well.

To be honest I'm not really wantin much additional hardware/features but I know many people probably would, and I'd be happy if it just gets the job done, eventually (full speed and sound emulation :))

Does anybody know if it does or will support C4 emulation?

Actually, the C version of C4 emulation is rather buggy, so I wouldn't be too sure about that. Anyway, they're probably trying to get the basics running before adding in "extras" like C4 emulation, Superscope, Mouse, etc.

whodahell600 posted on Dec 14 2003 at 07:30 AM said:
sorry for my stupidity earlier i never new there was a pinned thread.

anyway can someone explain to me what "zipped saves" are? never heard that term before.
:lol:

zipped savestates are the saves (*.sgm) go packed by opensnes9x so the .sgm goes into a .zip files and than u save some space on your smc ;)
greater is that opensnes9x can load zipped games so you save hell much space on your smc.
but you cant load zipped snes games in snes9xgp, that snes emu with sound, so you have to choose between zipped files but cant load in snes9xgp with sound or yea lets zip the games so we can save space on smc :rolleyes:

*waitsforsoundinopensnes9x*
:ph34r:

btw. yoyo said on irc that he and his mates are developing the sound now :) B)

Last edited by a moderator:
Beta 0.1 will be released tomorrow for the another 15 days contest.
I don't know whether this will mean it's public or just for the competition, but it's not far away :)

The only thing that have changed from the beta I have is the menu. The emulation speed is exactly the same, still no sound, though.
I plan releasing a video playing Super Mario Kart on the emulator sometime in the next 12 hours, so stay tuned :)

oh i do hope it will be a public release 2morrow :) i'll be quite pleased with my gp32 though i guess i'm the only person looking forward to the release of yogg more hehe ;)

hehe check out those driving skillz! :lol:

looks pretty damn playable to me, I'll be able to demo that to my nintendo-adoring work collegue....

drool :p

Yeah... I've never been a Super Mario Kart fan ;)
And playing the game while holding a Non-FLU GP32 into the camera and the light without having too many reflections didn't make it easier ;)

But, yes, it IS playable :)

Back