NEW GP32 LIGHT.... is it worth it ?

Is GBAX going to offer an upgrade service? Only I am the *last* person that should be let loose near anything electronic and expensive armed with a soldering iron. It *always* goes pear-shaped (well, little lumps of solder and melted plastic -shaped, to be completely accurate).

I bet it would be easy to convert one of the GBA's "shark" or "snake" lights for the GP32.. they are fairly cheap these days and I believe theres 3.3v supply out of the ext port?

From what i've seen there isn't any soldering invloved in the upgrade, you just have to pull off your screen cover and replace it with the new one. The factory installed one gets power from the battery port, but i think the DIY one will just plug into the EXT port.

-Craig

www.gbax.com

Hmm.. they should add one of thiose disc switches, or the thingie for increase/decreaseing volume, so you can control how muhc light you want

So will I have a cable comming out from the screen to the EXT port with the upgrade? I really hope not as that will look rather messy.

i think i will be going for the lit version in a few weeks time, its disapointing that living in England its cheaper to order from lik-sang(in hong kong) than gbax though, fricking VAT.

chris51179 posted on Apr 11 2003 said:
i think i will be going for the lit version in a few weeks time, its disapointing that living in England its cheaper to order from lik-sang(in hong kong) than gbax though, fricking VAT.

What about Customs and Excise? surely that's like £40 making it more expensive.

-------Hong Kong------SARS--------???

Last edited by a moderator:
Craig,

Have you seen any pictures of the DIY kit yet?

How much will it cost and when can we expect it to come out?

Enquiring minds want to know...

Yeh I dont know wether to purchase a backlight version in 2 weeks or wait for the light upgrade.

Back