GP32 Your skills and details please

deanollive

Hi guys, I know I've asked you all already....

But, I need your email addresses and your skills, and please dont lie as it will show through and I'm accepting all levels of coders/artists etc. Dedication and enthusiasm will get you further!

Also the reason I started a thread asking for your details, is becasuse it takes me ages and ages to browse all 4 pages on 56k!!!

:(

Need BB

If possible keep it short and sweet and try and get your details up over the next few days.

forgot to mention, if you are an expert in a certain area coding,gfx etc and want to lead a team then just ask..

cheers

deano :D

I'm an sdk abuser mostly, but i cannot code in ASM yet, i've dabble a little bit with it but its hard.

I havent done any sound routines yet tho.

How good I am:

Sound - 0%
GFX - 1%
Programming - 75% (25% percent off cuz I don't know ASM, makefiles make no sence (sp?) and I can get bored easily which you shouldn't notice much because it is just 10min pauses that don't matter to you) Also, I use DevKitAdv, we need to use one specific compiler or we could have trouble
Story - If serious - 85% If funny - 100%, I am director in this
Idea for game - 20 to 75% (it matters how well I am thinking that day)

Hmmmm, anything else?

Hmm,
Iv'e been in the games industry for 6 years. 2 years as an artist/designer, and four years as an artist (textures/environment modelling/lighting). I work for blue52 in camden.

RCX 21000 do you wanna lead one of the programming teams?

Also Khephren has blue52 released any games yet???

Just to let you know I'm not a school kid and I do work in the industry!

Just incase any of you thought I was taking you for a ride....

Few more details of the team needed,

cheers deano

:D

Im lookin for someone how can make sprites and tiles for my game, if you wanna see it ill email you the gxb.

Yeah, we released 'Peter pan return to neverland' on PS2 last year for disney, before Blue I worked at Blitz games were we developed 'Chicken run' on PS1, PC and DC, and 'Glover' on PSX. I did some work on 'the mummy returns' and 'the little mermaid'as well. Our current project is a bit more grown up, but i'm not aloud to discuss it yet :( I'd love to design or do art work for a gp project, I just wish I could find some time :(

RCX 21000 do you wanna lead one of the programming teams?

Also Khephren has blue52 released any games yet???

Just to let you know I'm not a school kid and I do work in the industry!

Just incase any of you thought I was taking you for a ride....

Few more details of the team needed,

cheers deano

:D
Lead programming???? I am just a newbie at GP32 programming :blink:

Last edited by a moderator:
Khephren = Mr BC? :)

Sitting ill at home today so beginning to play with the GP32 dev tools. I work at the same place as Khephren, for Peter Pan I did the level editor, DirectX engine (For tools) and game logic. For our new projects im writing the PS2 rendering code and exporters for that code. Coupled with that im proficient in x86 and MIPS assembler.

Generally im a lazy git so if anyone needs help from someone who "shouldn't" have much trouble picking up GP32 coding and ARM assembly drop me a PM :)

Btw does anyone know where i can find detailed hardware manuals for the ARM and other service chips on the GP32? The manuals i got from the GP32 site were pretty poor. I'd REALLY rather not backward engineer the libraries :(

Cheers dude :)

Im reading through the ARM docs at the mo. Ta for the other 2 sites :)

I've experience in HTML, JavaScript (advanced), Java, C/C++ (advanced), ARM assembler (advanced), ASP, Pascal, Intel assembler, Visual Basic, 1.5 years experience in GBA programming (Karma Studios, Netherlands), won the first GBADev compo together with frenetic, won the demo section of the ADIC2002 compo, HUGE MOTHERFUCKING REPRODUCTIVE ORGANS, attitude and NO, I won't lead your team unless you pay at least $40k/year and I can work from home.

/Inopia

lol. Snap. But i'd settle for €35k and working from home! I havn't got time to lead my way to the pub, never mind a game! But I will try and contribute, if it sounds interesting, and if the design doc seems thorough enough.

Lead? Whats a lead? Aren't they those poor buggers who work even more hours than me? :lol: hehehehehe

Back