Battlejewels Build 058 Released :)

DAmn, pretty nice, especially using a joystick to draw :)

When/If we get to the point of showing a portrait with slots on it, and droipping icons in, I'll have to define the sizing and all that, and Stephen can take a stabs, or we can farm out to anyone who wants to help. (Theres some 100 or 150 items in the database so far, and I could easily add more :p)

The Gladiator was designed (in terms of spells) so he could do a lot of little pokes of damage.. consistent, frequent, but not so heavy; the Knave does much less frequent pokes, as he is srteallthed half the time .. but when he hits with his backstab spell it is quite nasty. He also has spells to reduce armor, so when he hits he can try toi hit hard all the time. I think it makes it interesting to vary them .. But Glad, for sure, is very potent with Thrust since he can pick off lone skulls/chests, while the other classes tend to have to group skulsl together in 3s to get that clear etc.

The Druid is supposed to be inefficient, but can do most everything just not well; a fun class.. not fast to kill the opponent, but hard to _Be_ killed, and lots of fun to screw with.

Friar is for players who want to be indestructable, and defensive, and have fun playing the jewel game while annoying the other guy to all hell, plus has some very neatr spells down the road. the spell shields are interesting I think .. Friar takes damage and automatically deals some right back at the origin.

jeff

skeezix said:
DAmn, pretty nice, especially using a joystick to draw :)
It is only possible with the new magnifier function - painting just Pixel for Pixel. :) I had some inspirations from my Luis Royo Artbooks. There are many phantastic Swords in, between all these (half)nacked Women ;) :lol:

Uh, I think every class of Battlejewels is good and can be a pain in the ass if its your opponent. Even Druids can do much trouble. ^^"

Last edited by a moderator:
oh yes, Druids are very troublesome; a fun class ot play, and annoying to be against. ie: The mana switcheroo is classic Druid in BJ-books .. its potentially very useful or coudl totally screw yourself up. ie: you coudl cast it and get lots of mana, or you might be giving the other guy a pile of mana or a 6-in-a-row ifd you're not careful. The AI will use it to mess with your playfield arrangement, which coudl be good, could be bloody annoying. Fun stuff :)

Higher level version of that spell flips not only from blue to green, but actually from gold to another, or random colour to another, and so on. I think the highest level can cvonvert stuff to skulls, but I don't recall now as the higher levels arent' accessible yet :)

jeff

Back