Your Place In Line...

Where are you in line to get your pandora?

• Total voters

Endurion said:
Eight Bit said:
30 september 2008 20:44, that's GMT+1 so I guess I'm in the top 300

Really? I´v got mine 30 september 2008 16:25 GMT+1 and I´m still not sure if I´m among the top 300... but if your right then it´s good.

No clue how many units were sold in the first few hours. Iirc I ordered as soon as I could as I had been pressing F5 the whole day.
But apparantely people ordered (or atleast got their confirmation sent) atleast 4 hours before me... Doesn't matter much though.. I've been waiting for 14 months already... If my place in line is a little higher up and those units get sent a little later that little extra time don't matter much anyway... :)

Last edited by a moderator:
torpor said:
I'm not going to tell you my official #place_in_line number, but I know it, and it is very, very low .. ;)

Good!

With the kind of apps you're planning on working on, the sooner you get your Pandora the better!

You know, if we can just get fifteen or twenty people roughly spread out over the past year and two months to check their spot and post both their date of purchase here and current position, then nobody at all after that point would have to harass Jacquelyn about their spot, because everybody would know their position to within two or three hundred places. So far, I think the only hard data released in this thread of this sort is that some point between March 1st and March 31st is between 2600 and 2700 (assuming that this position was given out recently and not way back then).

I'm 2009-02-26, but I have not asked about my position. I'm hoping that I can avoid needing to.

chole said:
You know, if we can just get fifteen or twenty people roughly spread out over the past year and two months to check their spot and post both their date of purchase here and current position, then nobody at all after that point would have to harass Jacquelyn about their spot, because everybody would know their position to within two or three hundred places. So far, I think the only hard data released in this thread of this sort is that some point between March 1st and March 31st is between 2600 and 2700 (assuming that this position was given out recently and not way back then).

I'm 2009-02-26, but I have not asked about my position. I'm hoping that I can avoid needing to.
I like this idea. Especially since, depending on if you get your place in line when you first order or when you pay, I was somewhere between March 6 and March 24 so now I have a rough guess of my position. Thanks. Would be nice to see a little table built up though.

This poll is rather pointless. If everyone knew exactly where they were in the list, and everyone responded to this poll, you would get a uniform distribution with all bars having an equal length.
What this poll really shows is where the people who come to this site THINK they are. So it should be biased toward the first several hundred, but you did not really need this poll to figure that out.

DAP said:
This poll is rather pointless. If everyone knew exactly where they were in the list, and everyone responded to this poll, you would get a uniform distribution with all bars having an equal length.
What this poll really shows is where the people who come to this site THINK they are. So it should be biased toward the first several hundred, but you did not really need this poll to figure that out.

Maybe it's supposed to generate some kind of conversation? I dunno. But as with every poll, it only attracts those at both extremes.

DAP said:
Not only that, the categories overlap.

jasay said:
chole said:

I like this idea. Especially since, depending on if you get your place in line when you first order or when you pay, I was somewhere between March 6 and March 24 so now I have a rough guess of my position. Thanks. Would be nice to see a little table built up though.
Even easier. If any of the team members could provide the approximate date and hour of the 500, 1000, 1500, 2000, 2500, 3000, 3500 and 4000 order, then everybody would approximately know where in the queue is.

jasay said:
chole said:

is this one totaly out of the question?

http://glastronowners.com/pandora/divine.php

We'd need a new table, built with information posted by people who know their place. That number and the exact time of their order.

DAP said:
True, if everyone did answer it would be a uniform distribution... However, the point was that you can go to each of the choices and see all the people that were in that grouping. That was the cool part, or at least what I envisioned to be cool.

VRAndy said:
Not only that, the categories overlap.
Yes, I had thought about that but given the way that OP provided where you were in line, I didn't see any other alternative. But as you can only choose one choice, doesn't really matter anyway. :)

CoMiKe said:
Even easier. If any of the team members could provide the approximate date and hour of the 500, 1000, 1500, 2000, 2500, 3000, 3500 and 4000 order, then everybody would approximately know where in the queue is.

+2

Endurion said:
jasay said:
chole said:

is this one totaly out of the question?

http://glastronowners.com/pandora/divine.php

It doesn't want to accept the date...

I'm wondering how many of the long time GP32 and GP2X owners are amongst the preorderer's. Most of the people who are active on these forums are members who only joined because of the pandora. There are a some who are still here but where are the rest who made the GP2X community a wonderful one? Either they have not preordered, are not interested in the Pandora, cancelled, or are just lurkers now but may still have preordered.

Hirolaser said:
I'm wondering how many of the long time GP32 and GP2X owners are amongst the preorderer's. Most of the people who are active on these forums are members who only joined because of the pandora. There are a some who are still here but where are the rest who made the GP2X community a wonderful one? Either they have not preordered, are not interested in the Pandora, cancelled, or are just lurkers now but may still have preordered.

i Joined:
28-December 03 but do not post that much but do read the forum every day

I was probably in the first 100 when I first pre-ordered, I got my order in within the first 10 minutes. Alas, I couldn't convince my self to re-order after the credit card fiasco, and so sadly, I cancelled the order. I re-ordered on Aug 20 though, putting me near at the end of the line.

Back