Your Phone Cant Blow Out A Candle Or Match!

borgqueenx said:
New iphone app. super worthless but totally geeky and awesome :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psA_bkM4rgM

yes thats me.

I have a DROID, and have been fending off Apple fanboys left and right since I bought the thing. I don't exactly have a high opinion of the iPhone with all the fanaticism...

...but that, is awesome.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gruso said:
But but... how?
Sound waves at certain frequencies can create pressure in the surrounding air, which in turn extinguishes the flame. NASA was exploring using acoustic fire-fighting methods for use in/on spacecraft.

NOW YOU KNOW ;]

AireTamStorm said:
borgqueenx said:
New iphone app. super worthless but totally geeky and awesome :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psA_bkM4rgM

yes thats me.

I have a DROID, and have been fending off Apple fanboys left and right since I bought the thing. I don't exactly have a high opinion of the iPhone with all the fanaticism...

...but that, is awesome.

Cool you have a droid. They are expensive, I wish I could afford one.. Which one do you have, R2D2 or C3PO?

Consequence9 said:
Gruso said:
But but... how?
Sound waves at certain frequencies can create pressure in the surrounding air, which in turn extinguishes the flame. NASA was exploring using acoustic fire-fighting methods for use in/on spacecraft.

NOW YOU KNOW ;]
oooh, sound waves. They can make you poo too.

ok, just spent 59p on this pap, sorry i mean app and can confirm that it really does blow :rolleyes:

Thank God for the Appstore seal of quality

DaveC said:
Cool you have a droid. They are expensive, I wish I could afford one.. Which one do you have, R2D2 or C3PO?

Neither, I have G00-G13.

Xian Long said:
a sad day indeed when people are too lazy to blow out candles and use their iphones to do it for them
It's like, "Look at all these trivial things my phone can do! ha! It's so cute!"

I'm a little jealous of the portable ssh or whatever (That of course Pandora will top magnificently with SSHFS), but out of all the published applications, so many are useless shit.

Like Internet Explorer toolbars. God. Why the fuck.

DAMMIT. Now I'm thinking about bad software. Thanks a lot.

lulzfish said:
Xian Long said:
a sad day indeed when people are too lazy to blow out candles and use their iphones to do it for them
It's like, "Look at all these trivial things my phone can do! ha! It's so cute!"

I'm a little jealous of the portable ssh or whatever (That of course Pandora will top magnificently with SSHFS), but out of all the published applications, so many are useless shit.

Like Internet Explorer toolbars. God. Why the fuck.

DAMMIT. Now I'm thinking about bad software. Thanks a lot.

I have SSH and Telnet on my T-Mobile Sidekick Slide.

The iphone has some brilliant apps, such as sky sports in the uk which you can watch via 3g on a jb handset, but as a phone it is 100% garbage

hehe, that's actually pretty cool.

Has anyone managed to jack the correct frequency off one of those vids on youtube? I'm assuming it's to do with frequency anyway.

I tried blasting it at a candle with my comp speakers but no luck.

I suppose the trick is to find the resonance frequency of the empty volume inside the chassis of the iPhone to act like a Helmholtz resonator.

Back