"your Pandora Has Been Shipped"

Azuma said:
So is anyone else frantically refreshing the tracking page on usps.com only to read:

"Service(s): Registered Mail™

We have received notice that the originating post is preparing to dispatch this mail piece."

I was told "Just to let you know we are despatching a new console to you today" by jacquelyn on january 6th and needless to say I'm getting a little impatient, especially considering I sent it to get fixed in early september... I know sometimes the tracking information doesn't get updated properly, I once received a package when the last stage was something like "Acceptance, this item was accepted at the post office (in the state I bought the item from)" so I haven't contacted anyone from the post office yet. Anyone else experiencing anything similar or know why it's stuck at that stage? If not how long should I wait before I get concerned? If it did ship it should take about 2 weeks or so to get here right (to the US)?

I'm in the same exact boat (I'm in USA).

Sent in for repairs in October, got email on January 6th that new/repaired unit coming back. Package tracking still says "Origin Post is Preparing Shipment". I guess it makes me feel a little better that someone else is on same timeline, which means it's not a problem with my particular package.

Hopefully next week.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah got mine!! Had to pick up since it was customs. 60 CAD for customs!! Wow didn't expect that much but. At least I finally got it. Good thing I didn't pay for speedier shipping from UPS because would have been a heck of a lot more money. Oooh well! Now its time to PLAY?

dsleaf67 said:
Yeah got mine!! Had to pick up since it was customs. 60 CAD for customs!! Wow didn't expect that much but. At least I finally got it. Good thing I didn't pay for speedier shipping from UPS because would have been a heck of a lot more money. Oooh well! Now its time to PLAY?

hum 60$cad, so the custom fines are completly random... I paid less than half of that...(but 2 times so...)

dsleaf67 said:
Oh God... that's insane...

(by the way, I still haven't received mine 2 weeks after I got the email. I guess it's also being held in customs somewhere)

EDIT: Well, actually, the postman just came to the door and gave it to me. What's more, I didn't have to pay any customs duties at all! :) I'll post some impressions a little later in the I Got My Pandora thread.

sebt3 said:
dsleaf67 said:

hum 60$cad, so the custom fines are completly random... I paid less than half of that...(but 2 times so...)

I don't think random. In fact I should have know I'd pay that much if I paid at all. As far as I remember, they basically Sales tax for your province. Here in NS that's 15 %. I had paid 400 cad for pandora tv-out and developer. 15% is $60. Seems to make sense, but still too much.

Maybe thats just coincidence thorough and you're the one who's right! :)

I'm just glad I got it.

God Ginrai said:
lobski said:
MichaelXX2 said:
Wait. Is this article implying that batch 2 Pandoras haven't even begun to ship yet?

Batch 2 won't ship for a very long time. Batch 1 seems to be about 700-800 units shipped out of 2000 (or however big the first batch it)

Wait, when did they take orders for a Second Batch?
-God Ginrai

When they ran out of funds from the first batch, I guess.

I think it was about September of last year IIRC. Somebody else may have a more accurate date.

Pleng said:
God Ginrai said:
lobski said:
MichaelXX2 said:
Wait. Is this article implying that batch 2 Pandoras haven't even begun to ship yet?

Batch 2 won't ship for a very long time. Batch 1 seems to be about 700-800 units shipped out of 2000 (or however big the first batch it)

Wait, when did they take orders for a Second Batch?
-God Ginrai

When they ran out of funds from the first batch, I guess.

I think it was about September of last year IIRC. Somebody else may have a more accurate date.

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/54010-second-batch/page__view__findpost__p__867539

Wow, I don't know how I missed that. o.o (I was a first batcher, so it doesn't matter, but just didn't realize it had happened)

-God Ginrai

DaMummy said:
Tom` said:
If any other Ohioans are reading this, how long did it take yours to get here from the time you got your e-mails?

I didn't pay extra - wasn't it like $50 for UPS? I guess I can get along for another ten days or so... I've avoided shooting myself so far, at least, though it's been difficult. :p
in case you dont find out, let me know how long it takes to get it in ohio as thats where mine will be shipping.....someday....some looooong happy day
I got it today, so it took almost exactly three weeks.

Hello,

Well, I got my Pandora back the other day and things look are looking good.
The build of this unit is much better than my prev. Pandora. All controls seem tighter and more responsive, especially the shoulder buttons.
The case is well put together with no cracking or bending. Looks like the screen bezel issue has been resolved, at least with my unit.
My USB port is fully working which is a huge relieve as are my nubs.
Only thing I noticed is 1 locked on pixel on the far right aspect of the screen. Not a big deal as it is not noticeable during any game play.

Already played some Gish, ScummVM, Mame, and SNES on it and all played as they should.
Wi-Fi worked well with no signal drop or other interruption issues.
Even connected to my portable speakers and watched a bit of Aliens via my portable pocket Western Digital HD.

Over all, quite happy with this new build.
Hope every one else receives their Pandora soon!

David

Got my replacement too. Haven't had a chance to do much yet, but it's nice to have my precious back. :)

Shoulder buttons definitely feel better than my original, though getting the stylus out is a beast.

Eisner said:
Hello,

The build of this unit is much better than my prev. Pandora. All controls seem tighter and more responsive, especially the shoulder buttons.
The case is well put together with no cracking or bending. Looks like the screen bezel issue has been resolved, at least with my unit.
Only thing I noticed is 1 locked on pixel on the far right aspect of the screen. Not a big deal as it is not noticeable during any game play.

Already played some Gish, ScummVM, Mame, and SNES on it and all played as they should.
Even connected to my portable speakers and watched a bit of Aliens via my portable pocket Western Digital HD.

David

Dead or stuck? A stuck pixel shouldn't be hard to fix. It's funny that with all the problems these units have had, case cracks, warped bezel, purple haze, broken nubs, bad buttons... this is the only time I've heard of a stuck/dead pixel on a Pandora. :p

OilySalmon said:
Eisner said:
Hello,

David

Dead or stuck? A stuck pixel shouldn't be hard to fix. It's funny that with all the problems these units have had, case cracks, warped bezel, purple haze, broken nubs, bad buttons... this is the only time I've heard of a stuck/dead pixel on a Pandora. :p

There were 1 or 2 comments back in July about the same. Anyways, I know that if I had one on the Pandora that I would not try to fix it. I learned the hard way from my laptop monitor that I am not cut out for fixing stuck pixels. <.< In my attempts to fix it, it turned into a dead pixel.

-God Ginrai

Back