Your Idiotic Deed For Today

sam fisher posted on Mar 23 2007 at 09:30 PM said:
daclassicgamingmaster posted on Mar 23 2007 at 08:18 PM said:
God, what's with the noob influx? ;)

I also fail to believe that at midnight you waltz out of your house and walked to the busstop without your parents noticing. You're like 14 dude.

edit: ahahahahahahahahaa sam, to say you got owned is an understatement. He's like 14!! LOL!!
meh, in england we still call them starfish. A "sea star" sounds retarded.

Edit: "more correctly referred to as Sea Stars" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Starfish heh, notice the article name.
One: You needn't and indeed shouldn't have corrected him, considering he was more right than you.
Two: Wikipedia's policy is such that articles are named by the name used most commonly for the subject (although this policy has been debated recently). Most people would call it a 'starfish', I'll admit to that. But you, of all people, being, after all, a doctor of everything, should refer to it by its proper name.

Last edited by a moderator:
nickspoon posted on Mar 23 2007 at 10:48 PM said:
One: You needn't and indeed shouldn't have corrected him, considering he was more right than you.
Two: Wikipedia's policy is such that articles are named by the name used most commonly for the subject (although this policy has been debated recently). Most people would call it a 'starfish', I'll admit to that. But you, of all people, being, after all, a doctor of everything, should refer to it by its proper name.

*Applauds*

About 7 years ago i was riding my motorcycle and when i drove around a roundabout too fast
the bike's rear wheel slided away.
In a flash i jumped/highsided of the bike. I landed on my feet and thought i was safe/lucky.
But the bike highsided too and crashed on my foot. :blink: :blink: :blink:

Goity posted on Mar 23 2007 at 07:35 PM said:
why the fuck are you all fighting over something as trivial as the word starfish?

Because it's not a fucking fish.

TelcoLou posted on Mar 23 2007 at 11:38 PM said:
why the fuck are you all fighting over something as trivial as the word starfish?

But its name is a starfish, therefore it is a starfish. It may not be the most accurate literal name for the animal, but it is very much its name.

Goity posted on Mar 23 2007 at 07:52 PM said:
TelcoLou posted on Mar 23 2007 at 11:38 PM said:

But its name is a starfish, therefore it is a starfish. It may not be the most accurate literal name for the animal, but it is very much its name.
You're taking lessons in argumentative strategies from sam I see :p

It's "its name" because it was deemed that by people who didn't take the time to classify it properly. it's not a fish, therefore we should phase out that name and give it a proper title.

ooo teh argument has evolved. Instead of arguing over correct terminology, its progressed to the evolution of language. I like it.

On another note, i remmeber mattmaggoo and miss him. come back, him and klown, and crocomire. And a few others i cant remember. Actually, some more rants from magus wouldnt go a miss, god that guy was funny.

And Spray, Finty, Gimp, pip, GeneralNMX, Dozer, Pinkspider, Azure...

Looking back at old topics with those guys in, it occurs to me how different these boards are now. I've been here since '04, and I gotta say I preferred it much more back then.

EDIT: Actually, I have Pinkie's MSN address, if you like, I'll PM it to you. I gave up talking to him about things of an intellectual nature, cos he was always drunk and talking about the dreamcast...

same :(. i cant say exactly whats changed though. maybe its just our rose tinted glasses. the chatbox/rabit joint was particularly good. post whores/bickering didnt seem to happen so much back then, and i think maybe the average 'core member age was a bit older.

i was actually a member in 03 but lost/forgot my password and user after a lengthy period of non-use.

Nova posted on Mar 24 2007 at 01:11 AM said:
Looking back at old topics with those guys in, it occurs to me how different these boards are now. I've been here since '04, and I gotta say I preferred it much more back then.

EDIT: Actually, I have Pinkie's MSN address, if you like, I'll PM it to you. I gave up talking to him about things of an intellectual nature, cos he was always drunk and talking about the dreamcast...
2003 actually.

daclassicgamingmaster posted on Mar 23 2007 at 04:18 PM said:

I also fail to believe that at midnight you waltz out of your house and walked to the busstop without your parents noticing. You're like 14 dude.

edit: ahahahahahahahahaa sam, to say you got owned is an understatement. He's like 14!! LOL!!

A. my parents were asleep and B. im 16 (what makes you think im 14?)

geesh your just looking for an argument arent you <_<

Goemon4 posted on Mar 24 2007 at 02:15 AM said:
daclassicgamingmaster posted on Mar 23 2007 at 04:18 PM said:

A. my parents were asleep and B. im 16 (what makes you think im 14?)

geesh your just looking for an argument arent you <_<
14 was an arbitrary number :rolleyes:

Back