You Tube Closed Captions And Ed

rkaes8.jpg

The hostages pay for your own solo means... This is better than Engrish!

Attachments

• rkaes8.jpg
    rkaes8.jpg
    205.9 KB · Views: 70
peca said:
fraseyboy said:
Am I the only one who can't get these caption things working? I feel like I'm missing out on a helluva lot of a fun :(
I'll can't it get too, initially. But if You go to YT page then click on red [cc] icon under video screen and then select "transcribe audio" from menu. It run automatic speech to text translation :)

Pushing the CC icon does nothing for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
fraseyboy said:
peca said:
fraseyboy said:
Am I the only one who can't get these caption things working? I feel like I'm missing out on a helluva lot of a fun :(
I'll can't it get too, initially. But if You go to YT page then click on red [cc] icon under video screen and then select "transcribe audio" from menu. It run automatic speech to text translation :)

push the CC button, the a list appears and you pick the trascribe audio beta

At least youtube transcription is no use for scraping emails from videos:
"the bill karan and kids need to no the"

Trevsweb said:
fraseyboy said:
peca said:
fraseyboy said:

push the CC button, the a list appears and you pick the trascribe audio beta

I repeat: pushing the CC icon does nothing for me.

fraseyboy said:
I repeat: pushing the CC icon does nothing for me.
If the CC button is grey, click it and them move the mouse out of the video window. The CC button should now be red. If it was already red, then don't click on it. Clicking it shuts it off.
You have to move the mouse out of the video window and back in, then hover over the CC button for a second. Do not click it! A menu will appear. Move up and click Transcribe Audio. A dialog appears behind the menu. Move the pointer away from the menu for a few seconds (so it has a chance to disappear) and click OK.
Voila, really bad closed captioning!

It point-blank refuses to turn red for me when I click on it, too. :p Is the feature restricted to particular browsers, by any chance?

Prometheus said:
It point-blank refuses to turn red for me when I click on it, too. :p Is the feature restricted to particular browsers, by any chance?

Same here. I'm on the 3.6.2pre version of Firefox in Ubuntu 8.04 (I really must get round to updating to 9.10 some time...)

Didn't work for me either. The CC button turns red when I click on it but then goes back to gray. I guess Google is still rolling out this feature and it's not yet working in every case.

Back