Dragonbox Youtube Video - Brook USB-C Cable to HDMI

carlberry

Quick one, there's a new Dragonbox video up on YouTube where ED talks about a cable that can send output from the Switch's USB C to a TV/Monitor he also mentions that it'll work with a smart phone. As far as I can tell there is no mention of drivers or software (Vids in German and I'm relying on Youtube's auto-translate captions) so would this work for the Pyra?

It cant work on Pyra as its for USBC to HDMI, Pyra ditnt got a USBC Port, but whe have a Micro (Or Mini?) HDMI Port, as far as its implemented on the OS, maybe via a Demon that lets you dissable the Screen Rotate , it will work whit a Micro(Or Mini?) HDMI Cable..

It cant work on Pyra as its for USBC to HDMI, Pyra ditnt got a USBC Port, but whe have a Micro (Or Mini?) HDMI Port, as far as its implemented on the OS, maybe via a Demon that lets you dissable the Screen Rotate , it will work whit a Micro(Or Mini?) HDMI Cable..

I'm not sure why my brain thought the Pyra had a USB-C, I probably got it mixed up with the USB3.

Hi..i found this interessting Thing for the Pyra Micro-USB 3 Port.
Maybe this Adapter to USB-C can help you.
Ebay Item 195592320612
s-l1600.jpg

Reactions: rSl
Yes, there are two things here:

1· Completely external video card connected through USB. This existed even in Pandora times although at USB 2.0 speeds it was useful at most for certain office tasks. Some people got it working in Pandora.
Nowadays there USB 3.0 video cards and even with linux support, but again, not suited for gaiming.

2· Routing the built-in video card output through the usb port. This requires USB-C (and a conversor to microUSB 3 won't work) and of course a SOC that does support it, so far I think only medium to high end SOCs do offer this as an option.

1· Completely external video card connected through USB. This existed even in Pandora times although at USB 2.0 speeds it was useful at most for certain office tasks. Some people got it working in Pandora.
Nowadays there USB 3.0 video cards and even with linux support, but again, not suited for gaiming.
I did exactly that.
While I worked for EvilDragon, I used my Pandora for some time as my main device in the office and connected it to an external screen at 1080p.
It was slow, but it worked.
I made the manual for the Retrode with that setup back then.

Unfortunately I do not know, if DisplayLink is supported in the Debian repos natively.
If not, that would require some effort from someone to make it work.

Unfortunately I do not know, if DisplayLink is supported in the Debian repos natively.
If not, that would require some effort from someone to make it work.
Should work easily, don't you still have your DisplayLink ?

Should work easily, don't you still have your DisplayLink ?
I do.
I could test it in theory.
However I did not use my Pyra for some years now, so I'd probably have to reinstall the whole thing if I want to update/install something

But if it would need some effort to made an alternative to the already existing hdmi port working, why not make the existing port working?
if I remember correctly it only needs tiler to be disabled ..

HDMI out itsellf dos work at least for the Port itself, but as Tiler is used to rotate the screen, to get it working you have to dissable tiler first..
I allready made a test whit a Micro HDMI Cable connectet to Pyra, if i remember correctly its did trow the screen on my small TV i use as a Monitor, at least on Boot Screen, but when the grapical stuff startet to kick in, its where stuck on a prompt on the boot screen..
I cant test it again this weekend, first i have to undust my Desktop, whe had working in this chamber this week and they ditnt where that carefull whit the dust safe screen..

Hang on. HDMI out doesn't work on the Pyra?
It works, but it's not straight forward to get It working right, TILER gets in the way, plus I think without a modesetting driver it's a bit of manual bits set in uboot and such. so it's just really a software problem.

Back