You Panda's Never Disappoint Me!

How-to-be-a-panda.jpg

Use responsibly.

Don't forget that if you intend to play the Comp4all Mame linked above, it uses the same Rom set (106) as PanMame (Not Mame4all which is older - 037b5), so use PanMame to check you have a rom that will work in Comp4all Mame.

You can run variants that are supported ('clones') in PanMame, the primary rom has to be present, then if you press F12 it will also list any supported alternatives in your roms folder, so for example you can play the US/English version of Pole position by having polepos.zip AND polepos1.zip files present, selecting pole position and pressing F12 so the US variant appears below it in the list. No DKII though ;)
Yes, this does work for Pole Position, can confirm it.

You ALSO CAN run Pole Position with just the one ROM in there, polepos.zip - but you will get the game in Japanese.

You CAN'T run Pole Position with just posepos1.zip though.

So if you don't mind Japanese, you can just use one ROM.  The gameplay is identical.

Controls on Pandy aren't really designed for Pole Position very well, but it does work...and I was able to qualify for the Race...in the dead-last position, but I managed it.  So it can be done.

Note: the first time you fire up Pole Position...nothing is going to work.  You have to get in and set the controls.  Otherwise, you will have no working gas pedal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back