Yactfeau

surt said:
I'm having some trouble trying to build programs using Allegro.
Allegro is not part of the Pandora OS, so not in the toolchain either. You'll need to build it. Luckily, that's easy to do ;)

quartercast said:
./config.status: line 1354: /usr/local/angstrom/arm/arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/usr/bin/gawk: cannot execute binary file[/code]
[/quote]
All the binaries in that directories are ARM binaries (aka binaries from your pandora). your x86 CPU wnt like that ;)

quartercast said:
But I still get the same error. Am I not updating the toolchain correctly?
Indeed, these have been dropped in the update. But the way you update wont drop these files. do rm -rf /usr/local/angstrom/arm before installing the update ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks sebt3! It works now and I compiled viewnior successfully :)

Now I'm trying to compile Inkscape. Working through the dependencies, I successfully installed libGC and LittleCMS:

Code:
devel@devel-VirtualBox:/mnt/utmp/Inkscape$ ls lib
libgc.a  libgc.la  libgc.so  libgc.so.1  libgc.so.1.0.2  liblcms2.a  liblcms2.la  liblcms2.so  liblcms2.so.2  liblcms2.so.2.0.1  pkgconfig

When I run pndconfigure it finds libGC but not libCMS:

Code:
checking gc.h usability... yes
checking gc.h presence... yes
checking for gc.h... yes
checking for GC_init in -lgc... yes
checking for LCMS... no
configure: error: --enable-lcms was specified, but appropriate LittleCms development packages could not be found

Any idea what the problem is here? Thanks.

quartercast said:
Thanks sebt3! It works now and I compiled viewnior successfully :)

Now I'm trying to compile Inkscape. Working through the dependencies, I successfully installed libGC and LittleCMS:

Code:
devel@devel-VirtualBox:/mnt/utmp/Inkscape$ ls lib
libgc.a  libgc.la  libgc.so  libgc.so.1  libgc.so.1.0.2  liblcms2.a  liblcms2.la  liblcms2.so  liblcms2.so.2  liblcms2.so.2.0.1  pkgconfig

When I run pndconfigure it finds libGC but not libCMS:

Code:
checking gc.h usability... yes
checking gc.h presence... yes
checking for gc.h... yes
checking for GC_init in -lgc... yes
checking for LCMS... no
configure: error: --enable-lcms was specified, but appropriate LittleCms development packages could not be found

Any idea what the problem is here? Thanks.
Yu might want to read this.

Check your config.log ;)

Cool, it was looking for lcms.pc but my file was lcms2.pc (newer). I just renamed it back hehehe :)

Wow, more libs to install:

Code:
No package 'gdkmm-2.4' found
No package 'glibmm-2.4' found
No package 'giomm-2.4' found
No package 'gtkmm-2.4' found
No package 'sigc++-2.0' found
No package 'gsl' found

Yes I realised afterwards that you've already ported inkscape... I suppose I enjoy the challenge, hopefully I haven't bitten off more than I can chew :)

I'm trying to package a GINGE-wrapped GP2X game. (I don't have permission to package this game yet... I'll just call it Invader.) I've got my GP2X files located in /gruso/pandora/invader, this dir contains the Invader GPE and data files, along with ginge.pnd and a start script containing ./ginge_prep invader.gpe

Obviously I don't need to configure or make anything, so I'm jumping straight to the PXML and PND steps:

Code:
#setprj invader
#genpxml
#pndmakeauto

It's producing a PND that appears to be valid, displays on the Pandora desktop and all that. But it's only 6.5kB, and of course will not run. Any idea what I'm missing here?

Gruso said:
It's producing a PND that appears to be valid, displays on the Pandora desktop and all that. But it's only 6.5kB, and of course will not run. Any idea what I'm missing here?
You're, indeed, missing a part.
pndmakeauto take the files from $PND_BASEDIR/$PRJ. PRJ is set by setprj to invader in your case. PND_BASEDIR default to /mnt/utmp. That's also where the binaries are installed while running "make install".

Your file are not in this directory so pndmakeauto create an empty PND ;)
Where you're (un)lucky is that genpxml should not even work as it wont create the directory for you.

A little tip using the VirtualBox image on sharing file between Win (XP in my case as Host) and Linux (ubuntu as Guest machine emulated in this image).

If you want to share files from the 2 system you have first create a directory in the host (let say on Desktop..)
Next start up VirtualBox and start the virtual machine.
From the menu of VirtualBox select Device/Shared Folders and select the dir just created on your Desktop.
Remember to check the option to make permanent this folder and automount this at startup.

Now inside Ubuntu we need to change group ...select System/Administration/Users & Group and change User account type from custom to Administrator .
Now select advanced settings and in Advance tab change Main Group from devel to vboxsf.
Now you can share files between the 2 system.

I hope this is usefull for someone newbee like me (i have lost some hours to try to find a solution)... :)

Update :
  • Tested on many apps (fixed tons of libraries issues)
  • include the qmake definition into the package and fix pndqmake
  • fix cmake usage
  • libmpfr and libgmp are available in a dedicated directory
  • added Ivanovic's wrapper scripts
  • Installable anywhere
(first post updated for installation information)

How to update:

1. Download the SDK file (torrent) (check the file size)
  2. Drop previous installation :
    Code:
    rm -rf /usr/local/angstrom/arm/*
  3. extract it (you'll need either to be root, or have created the directory /usr/local/angstrom/arm and give read/write to the user extracting) :
    Code:
    tar -C /usr/local/angstrom/arm -xjf pandora-toolchain-20110313.tar.bz2
  4. Fix the file permission :
    Code:
    sudo chown -R <your-name>.<your-name> /usr/local/angstrom/arm
  5. Run the installer
    Code:
    /usr/local/angstrom/arm/scripts/installer.sh
EDIT: added torrent (thanks myownlittlworld)

Will see, if I can try this today. Thank you very much for your work here!

@ Sebt3
i see that the Virtualbox image is outdated now...could i install the new SDK on this image in order to update this ?

Farox said:
i see that the Virtualbox image is outdated now...could i install the new SDK on this image in order to update this ?
I'm planning to update the VMWare image. In fact, it would be done if I didnt forgot to install squashfs-tools on it before shutdown...

But yeah, like every other install, the one in the image could be updated with the procedure I posted yesterday ;)

The VMware image have been updated : http://sebt3.openpandora.org/buildtools/?f=pandora-toolchain-virtualbox-20110313.vdi.7z

Ok, three in a row. Sorry. :D All are DJ/mixing apps.

dbmix - http://sourceforge.net/projects/dbmix/
Error:
Code:
checking for glib-config... no
checking for GLIB - version >= 1.2.0... no
*** The glib-config script installed by GLIB could not be found
*** If GLIB was installed in PREFIX, make sure PREFIX/bin is in
*** your path, or set the GLIB_CONFIG environment variable to the
*** full path to glib-config.
configure: error: *** GLIB >= 1.2.2 not installed - please install first ***

gdam - http://sourceforge.net/projects/gdam/ (ancient)
Error:
Code:
checking for GTK - version >= 1.2.5... no
*** The gtk-config script installed by GTK could not be found
*** If GTK was installed in PREFIX, make sure PREFIX/bin is in
*** your path, or set the GTK_CONFIG environment variable to the
*** full path to gtk-config.
configure: error: Cannot find Gtk - gtk-config missing from path?

djplay - http://djplay.sourceforge.net/
Error:
Code:
checking for main in -lqt-mt... no
configure: error: Qt library not found. Maybe QTDIR isn't properly set. You may need to use --with-qt-includes and --wit-qt-libs.

I'm sure everthing is present. I've bluffed my way through adding a couple of missing things before, but these ones have me stumped.

First two: Use a very old glib/gtk version 1.x they are very outdated apps. There are packages in the angstrom repositories, that provide these, but they are not on the nand.

Last: is there a *.pro file? then i would use pndqmake -> make to compile. Configure doesn't set up the right environment for qtapps.
or just do what it says and set the flags accordingly to the qt libs and headers.

Gruso said:
dbmix - http://sourceforge.net/projects/dbmix/
Error:
Code:
checking for glib-config... no
 checking for GLIB - version >= 1.2.0... no
 *** The glib-config script installed by GLIB could not be found
 *** If GLIB was installed in PREFIX, make sure PREFIX/bin is in
 *** your path, or set the GLIB_CONFIG environment variable to the
 *** full path to glib-config.
 configure: error: *** GLIB >= 1.2.2 not installed - please install first ***

gdam - http://sourceforge.net/projects/gdam/ (ancient)
Error:
Code:
checking for GTK - version >= 1.2.5... no
 *** The gtk-config script installed by GTK could not be found
 *** If GTK was installed in PREFIX, make sure PREFIX/bin is in
 *** your path, or set the GTK_CONFIG environment variable to the
 *** full path to gtk-config.
 configure: error: Cannot find Gtk - gtk-config missing from path?
gtk-config and glib-config are things from the past and not part of the distribution of glib nor gtk since age. But with the release date of these, I'm not surprised.
I'm planning a "script-fix"(which should only include the script fixed), I'll try to add thoses for you (if I find the original files, apt-file search report nothing :( ) .
But I'm guessing you'll have other issues while building.

Gruso said:
djplay - http://djplay.sourceforge.net/
Error:
Code:
checking for main in -lqt-mt... no
 configure: error: Qt library not found. Maybe QTDIR isn't properly set. You may need to use --with-qt-includes and --wit-qt-libs.

I'm sure everthing is present. I've bluffed my way through adding a couple of missing things before, but these ones have me stumped.
Once again we are with outated software. This is using qt3 (the config.log show that -lqt-mt is missing). Pandora have qt4.6. The library name changed with the switch to qt4. but the config script still check for the old name. Yet qt4 have a library named Qt3Support which could be used somehow, but that's some work.

I have updated the toolchain under the old VBox image (i don't want to download again 2.5GB of data ) :) and all seems fine.
Now i wanna test somthing and after pndconfigure (all went fine) seem not find genpxml script.
So i copied from /scripts to /usr/local/angstrom/arm/bin and now work.
This apply also to pnd_make .

Farox said:
I have updated the toolchain under the old VBox image (i don't want to download again 2.5GB of data ) :) and all seems fine.
Now i wanna test somthing and after pndconfigure (all went fine) seem not find genpxml script.
So i copied from /scripts to /usr/local/angstrom/arm/bin and now work.
This apply also to pnd_make .
Have run the installer script ? (it should add ..../scripts to your path)

Back