Initial Dev Setup Issues

foxblock said:
You will need to babysit me on this as I am a total Linux-noob and don't know the commands and what could be useful to you.
EDIT: Creating a link to /usr/local/angstrom/arm/lib/libmpfr.1.1.1 in /usr/lib/ called libmpfr.1 seems to do the trick, but I wonder: is this the right thing to do?
I don't care baby sitting you at all :)
and no, that's not the way to go. You shouldn't have anything in /usr that don't come from your package manager. That's what /usr/local is for.

Please remove that link and :
sebt3 said:
and add this to /usr/local/angstrom/arm/environment-setup :
Code:
export  LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/usr/local/angstrom/arm/lib:${LD_LIBRARY_PATH}"

But I forgot to ask to load that file first before trying to build. Alternatively, you can start the export command before the gcc one :)

Last edited by a moderator:
sebt3 said:
Please remove that link and :
sebt3 said:
Code:
export  LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/usr/local/angstrom/arm/lib:${LD_LIBRARY_PATH}"

But I forgot to ask to load that file first before trying to build. Alternatively, you can start the export command before the gcc one :)

I did add the line to the script and ran it again from the terminal like described here: http://blogs.distant...h.com/wp/?p=109
This did not fix it - or do I have to run it every time before I try to build anything?
If yes, do you know how I can set-up codeBlocks to do this?

foxblock out

I'm on 32bit Archlinux and i'm also breaking my head over the same problem. Will let you know if i find anything.

Jurn

foxblock said:
If yes, do you know how I can set-up codeBlocks to do this?
Yes you have to. I'm not using Code::block, so I'm not sure. But still you can load the environnement file before (same session...) starting code::blocks.
BTW, this environment file is realy usefull even without my addon : having CPATH set correctly save my days :)

JurnD said:
I'm on 32bit Archlinux and i'm also breaking my head over the same problem. Will let you know if i find anything.
This will work (as the symlink foxblock did work)

sebt3 said:
Here is the library as it is used to build this cc (from the OE staging dir)
extract so the file end in /usr/local/angstrom/arm/lib/
Code:
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/usr/local/angstrom/arm/lib:${LD_LIBRARY_PATH}"

Yeah it worked now, thanks :)
I did not find an easy way (for me) to make codeBlocks automatically call it, so I just wrote a little script doing this - problem solved (though then for some reason codeBlocks fails to load the help plugin, oh well... I don't need that anyway).

Also instead of putting the libraries in
Code:
/usr/local/angstrom/arm/lib
I simply tried to edit the export path to (where the library already is located)
Code:
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/usr/local/angstrom/arm/arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/usr/lib:${LD_LIBRARY_PATH}"
but this did not work, he does not find it then for some reason.

Anyway, thanks for your help, I am really glad it works now :)

foxblock out

foxblock said:
Also instead of putting the libraries in
Code:
/usr/local/angstrom/arm/lib
I simply tried to edit the export path to (where the library already is located)
Code:
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/usr/local/angstrom/arm/arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/usr/lib:${LD_LIBRARY_PATH}"
These are ARM libraries already on your pandora.
you can find which is which using the "file" command.

Thanks Sebt3, it worked. After copying libmpfr i had the same problem with libgmp, but after copying an older version it all works. Thanks again.

Hi all,

on another thread, sebt3 pointed me to this solution.

For all fellow Debianists out there, here's my solution:

Code:
aptitude install libmpfr1ldbl

Maybe this helps someone!

- Ján

Just a nice update for you... I put this script together and I think it's all working nicely!

I've mirrored all needed files on my hosting, it downloads and sets everything up including the "Ubuntu 10.10" fix Obviously credit where credit is due - Sebt for the fixes, Cpasjuste for the original Codesourcery installer script and DJWillis for the original Toolchain.

Also this creates a codeblocks script for you that automatically calls the environment-setup before launching Code::Blocks.

Hope this is useful for someone! -Poke

PS: You can look at the script before downloading on my wiki: http://projectinfinity.org.uk/doku.php?id=homebrew:engines:penjin:downloads:pandora_compiler_installer

PokeParadox said:
Just a nice update for you... I put this script together and I think it's all working nicely!

I've mirrored all needed files on my hosting, it downloads and sets everything up including the "Ubuntu 10.10" fix Obviously credit where credit is due - Sebt for the fixes, Cpasjuste for the original Codesourcery installer script and DJWillis for the original Toolchain.

Also this creates a codeblocks script for you that automatically calls the environment-setup before launching Code::Blocks.

Hope this is useful for someone! -Poke

PS: You can look at the script before downloading on my wiki: http://projectinfinity.org.uk/doku.php?id=homebrew:engines:penjin:downloads:pandora_compiler_installer

Hi there,

That's got me further (on Debian Lenny). I am missing libgmp now, can you add that to the script?

Cheers
Gricey
(who just wants to compile a kernel module for his wifi dongle ;-))

Back