Release Yabause

@Exophase: I didn't know that Ari64 did some optimising on this project. Sorry about that. Like you said, I was just supposing and I know nothing about this project, just though that the PS1 can get 200 fps or so on my Pandora at 1.2 ghz, so at least 2d saturn games could be possible with some optimisations... It seems things are harder in the real world ;)

Why do people want to emulate it in the first place, except for pokemon-got-to-have-them-all cause?

I mean what games, lot of games had better versions on PSX. From what I've seen on youtube, it's mostly Sega first party games I guess?

Well, there a few Saturn-Only-Games:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Sega_Saturn-only_games

Interestingly, quite a few of those titles are RPGs (which makes the system interesting for me ;) )

Albert Odyssey: Legend of Eldean

The Legend of Oasis

Magic Knight Rayearth

Mystaria: The Realms of Lore

Shining Force III

Shining the Holy Ark

Shining Wisdom

All Saturn-Only RPGs I haven't played yet :D

I mean what games, lot of games had better versions on PSX.
Also games like CastleVania: Symphony Of The Night on the Saturn had a lot several new areas to explore that didn't make it into the PSX version, as well as new music, enemies and items. The game was never released outside of Japan too, so it makes it even more interesting. The Saturn version plays like a dog at times though, with lots of slowdown.

If the Pandora is going to be like a museum to retro gaming, lacking a decent Saturn emu would be lacking a huge slice of history. I do however know how hard the Saturn is to emulate and even the pc doesn't have a perfect emulator for it, so expecting anything near on a Pandora would be asking the impossible.

And yes, the number of games exclusive to Saturn that are actually worth playing isn't a particularly high figure, but there are some truly excellent games in that small number.

Last edited by a moderator:

http://en.wikipedia....turn-only_games

Interestingly, quite a few of those titles are RPGs (which makes the system interesting for me ;) )

The Legend of Oasis

Magic Knight Rayearth

Shining Force III

Shining the Holy Ark

Shining Wisdom

And story of thor 2, saturn bomberman, astal, burning rangers, dark savior, dragon force, guardian heroes, keio flying squadron 2, nights.

So much gems on the saturn i never touched :)

Gotta have patience tho :p

Last edited by a moderator:
There is so many Sega exclusive on Saturn, Panzer Dragoon Saga (J-RPG) would be my favorite, along with the 2 Panzer Dragoon, Clockwork Knight, Sega Rally, Night, and so many visual novels, like the enhanced "Yuno" port from the NEC PC9801.

even the pc doesn't have a perfect emulator for it

Well, there is a perfect Sega Saturn emulator on PC, it is called SSF, and every game I tryed on it works perfectly. It can even emulate the STV, an arcade board based on the Saturn hardware.

The only problem : it is not open source... if someone could give the author a free Pandora, he might be interessted to port it :p

here's his homepage : http://www7a.biglobe.ne.jp/~phantasy/ssf/

Well the games I mentionned do work perfectly, I didn't test all the games that exist on the system :p Anyway, it is still the best Sega Saturn and STV emulator available.

http://en.wikipedia....turn-only_games

The Legend of Oasis

Magic Knight Rayearth

Shining Force III

Shining the Holy Ark

Shining Wisdom

Don't forget Mahō Gakuen Lunar! (Magic School Lunar!). Its too bad there has been no Western release of it. Maybe XSEED could get a port of it made for the PSP and translate it.

Yes, there are a couple more Japanese RPGs...

Hasn't magical school Lunar be released for some Gameboy?

Was that a totally different game?

Yes, there are a couple more Japanese RPGs...

Hasn't magical school Lunar be released for some Gameboy?

Was that a totally different game?

That's Lunar Legend (A "port" of Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete to the GBA with a different translation and plot).

Nope, that was not what I meant.

I just checked it, and it was the other way round: I meant the GameGear Version - the Saturn Version is actually a remake of it.

Back