Xump V1.01

Kojote

Certified Guru
Staff member
Website
www.pdroms.de
A hotfix version for Xump, a puzzle game by Psilocybin Game Development. This version fixes a level bug issue introduced in v1.oo. The game jumped from Level 26 to Level 1 instead of going on. Everyone who played this game... there are 34 levels, NOT 26 :) Please download the bugfixed version ASAP.

http://www.pdroms.de/file_details.php?fn=2480

Due to lazyness the official homepage has not been updated yet, you can get the download from pdroms instead.

Nice, played this for a while last night and got pretty far, I used to love Sensitive on the C64 and I don't recognise any levels in this version, it's all very fresh. As for the password system, I'd much prefer the ability to unlock the levels as you complete them as writing down code just isn't convenient. I know you want to retain the retro feel but there you go! Thanks for a quality title

This game is pretty fun. :) Who made the music though? It somehow fits the game kinda well. o_O

Well anyway, yeah, I also would appreciate what frolik said about the levels and unlocking thingy.

Also, I don't know if you can notice, but the music suffers from the sound dma bug on the ingame screens. Can you maybe look into that? thanks. :)

Thanks for the positive feedback!

To answer the questions:
The music has been composed by ne7/scoopex^napalm a demoscener from the UK. The music is exclusiv and was not used anywhere else.

We are preparing a final version of Xump with a few improvements. Those planed improvements are:

* Autosolve mode, to proofe that levels can be done :) (hidden function probably)
* Improvement of the saving system as already suggested by frolik

For the discovered DMA bug... i will inform kedo (the coder) about it :)

Anyone tried Xump on a BLU+ yet? On gp32news.com they wrote "Xump" has troubles with it? Anyone can confirm that so we can bring out another fixed version? :)

btw... look out for Xump Extreme :D Should be done in around 5 months... :) It's hard to create games when there is almost no time :)

Thanks k0j0, I don't remember getting much further than level 10 last time I played this but I'll have a go ;)

Back