Xmpeg?

dpoarch

Website
Visit site
I want to take my dvds and put them on smc ro play in my gp32. Xmpeg will read vts for a dvd file and let you use xvid, divx, mpeg, etc to re-encode it. The problem is that it is only encoding about 4 minutes and then it stops. It is a free program so it isnt a trial or anything. any ideas?

Rip your dvds as avi with DVDx (search google for it) Its a free dvd ripper.
Then use Virtual Dub and the needed codecs to encode your ripped movie so it plays in gpcinema.

SEARCH the board for this, because your question was asked a million times before!
And take a look at the FAQ!

sorry i did search and i do know how to do it with virtual dub. But with Xmpeg I dont have to go through as many processes. It will take it as a dvd and make video file. like you said i would have to use some program to change it to an avi first if i want to use virtual dub. I just wanted to know if anyone has used it xmpeg to do this before.

edit:didnt mean to come off hard i was trying to hurry up and type cuz i had to leave

Well, if you want to play it on your gp32, your file has to be encoded with either DivX 4.12, XVid, or RealMagic codec.

No other codec is known to work, but I can be proofed wrong. Just go on and try it!

i understand about the codecs only certain ones work. i was using xvid. the prgoram is just called Xmpeg. it allows you to encode using xvid or divx all i was wondering is if somebody has used it. I found a tutorial on making xvids from a dvd and a tutorial on making xvids for the gp32 and i tried to put them together and it worked kinda only it wouldnt encode the whole movie all i wanted to know was if somebody has used xmpeg to make a xvid or divx encoded movie. sorry if I was confusing.

Heres the deal
Your not gonna get near enough compression to put a file on th GP without using VirtualDub
Trust me on this
so, get Virtual dub, read around here a bit, and then PM me any questions you have AFTER you read through this forum and Ill help ya each step of the way ya need
ok?
but read around first, some of us here have done a lot of work ( cough 17 page review of a codec cough ) and know what were doing, and you should be able to pick that knowledge up off the boards

~Octavious

I use xmpeg and its very easy. The problem you have is that only the first .vob is selected or the largest .vob on the DVD isnt in the timeline window at the bottom. Once you have the correct vobs in the timeline bit at the bottom everything is peachy. (iirc you can insert chapter / scene and that should do the trick) Also take care selecting the audio track as you can end up with a film dubbed into some foreign language.

Also since xmpeg uses the Aviwriter plugin (provided Divx xvid files are installed) the resulting file can be opened straight into virtualdub for final adjustments.

I use xmpeg all the time ;)

Back