Xvid On The Gp32

BaDToaD

"Very" Old Timer
Website
cwhippogames.wixsite.com
I have used divx for GP32 in the past but have found that xvid seems to give better frame rates on my clie PDA so I want to try xvid on the GP32. So I have two questions.

1. I assume I'll need a particular codec version for xvid on the gp32 much like needing 4.12 for divx?

2. Has anyone tried 2 pass xvid when encoding and are the results worth the extra time to encode?

If someone can post here or email me their virtualdub .vcf settings file for xvid I'll be eternally grateful :)

Yes you do need a certain codec and it works very well. The problem is that I don't remimber which version it is. I used a newer one once and asked here to find the correct one. I dont remimber the thread but if you search for xvid you should be able to find it.

gp32eu is where you can find the proper xvid codec ;)

I was quite impressed with it's performance and used it more often than divx for GP32 video's

:D Gotta laugh. I searched the board for xvid and your post here popped up Hooka :)

You must have posted in the time it took me to read dpoarch's reply and hit the search button hehe.

Thanks guys.

2. Has anyone tried 2 pass xvid when encoding and are the results worth the extra time to encode?
[/quote]
noticable? yes. worth double the time? not for me.

Back