Best Way To Rip Subtitles?

zenjiki

Still Fresh
I know how to rip and encode DVD into DIVX, and also rip subtitles from the DVD and add them to the DIVX. But I want to know if there is a way to rip a DVD and encode it into a DIVX with subtitles in one step? Because the way only way I know how to do it is, first I rip and encode the DVD into a DIVX/AVI, then rip the sutiltes from the DVD and then add the sub into the DIVX.

One way you could do it is:

1. using DVD2AVI, create a project (.d2v) from the DVD VOBs
2. using VFAPIconv open up your .d2v file and create a .avi out of it.
3. open the .avi with virtualdub
4. using the VOBSUB filter you can open the dvd IFO file which will extract and paste the subtitles right to your movie.
5. setup your video/audio settings as you wish.

hope that helps.

That's exactly what i was looking for, I did not know VOBSUB filter can open the dvd IFO. Thanks a lot, I can now watch sub animes while going to work!

Well tried what you said but no luck. When I use VOBSUB to open the IFO, a new window pops up asking for me to "select a folder with aproximately 300MB". But when I do select a folder nothing happens, any ideas what i'm doing wrong.

EDIT: Coult it be from the step when I decrypt the DVD into IFO and VOB files, is there an extra needed to decrypt the subtitles into the IFO and VOB files.

Back