Gp Cinema On Gp32...

carapalida

Still Fresh
ok...i give up...i have downloaded all the possibel programs out there to get the gpcinema movie to work on my gp32. sorry i am new to all this...just got my gp32 1 week ago...i already know how to rename folders...move them arround...delete them...go the emulators to work fine...finally got the mp3 player to work...but now i am struggling again with the gpcinema part.

i got a sample from online and the preview of AVP played fine...i got xmepg, dvix, dvdx, xvid, and virtual dub.

i read here and got the settings for the video and audio...but the "guides" that are online here are very different then the programs i am trying to run...i guess i have newer version of the programs stated above and the guides were probably written a while back, correct?

i was using dvd shrink and/or decrypter to get the file to my HD, then i was using xmpeg to resize and transfer to xvid format...i get a smaller version of the file...i can actually open the new file and see it playing...then i was taking into virtual dubb and doing it there also to get it to play into my gp32.

the new file from virtual dub also plays on my cpu fine, i can see that the settings changed...i placed it into my gp32 and try to play it and the gp32 resets itself by going back to the start up screen of my launcher.

can somebody give me some opinios here please? or maybe send me the links to places where i can find some current info on how to use the new version of virtual dub...with xmpeg...and the xvid codec?

i guess i am confused because not only the virtual dubb screen i have is different then the "guide" one...but the "guide" that i found was using virtual dub with the divx...so i am lost...

thank you...

well, yall already posted the guide I was thinking about
And You can keep PM'ing me ifn ya need to...
just remember a few things in order to play it on you GP

*ALL gp32 movies have to have audio. You cant have a video with no audio play
*That audio must have frequency ( or Hz ) that is divisable by 11 ( 11,22,44 ) none other work
*You must use one of three stated codecs, unitll I or someone else finds another
* framerate on Divx shouldnt exceed ~20 , it dosnt handle well over that on the GP32
*Widescreen movies should always be encoded at 320x160 ( or 80 if you cant notice the minor strecthing )
*Widescreen movies will play at full 30fps with RealMagicMP4 at 150 , but fullscreen ones requires 166-higher

~Octavious

You're supposed to use Virtualdub for the final product (I think thats your problem). You can convert your stuff to a virtualdub compatible format (if it isn't in one already) with anything you want, just make the final .avi with virtualdub.

Most guides should look like the latest version...

thank you all for your replies...
this is what i did last night...and it worked...

programs i used were: *dvd shrink 3.2 to rip file into your cpu,*dvdx 2.3 to convert the movie to .avi format by using codec divx 4.12, *virtualdub 1.5.10 build 18160 was used to convert the .avi file into a file that will work on your gpcinema of your gp32 unit.

guides i followed, in order: *first followed this dvdx version 2.3 guide with it's settings http://www.dvd-guides.com/content/view/25/59/, *second i followed this virtualdub version 1.5.10 build 18160 guide with it's settings http://faq.gp32emu.com

***for some reason the virtualdub guide bellow did not work for me http://www.btinternet.com/%7Ewaystation/gpcin.html

???questions???

1. i understand the reason for to use either a program like dvdshrink or dvd decrypter to transfer the movie from your disc into your cpu...i also understand the reason to convert those .vob files from the disc into an .avi file...but what i don't undersand is the reason to use virtualdubb. does it change the .avi file again? or virtualdub only resizes the video/audio to a rate that works for the gp32?

2. doesn't the program xmpeg do what the dvdx and the virtualdub do all in one step? if so, does anybody know a GOOD guide for this program please?

3.is there a program that can do all of it in one step? rip, convert to avi, and resize to work on the gp32?

thank you all once again...

carapalada.

sorry me again...i was going to ask you all if anyone here knows or uses a good program for music that will covert back and forth in between different formats?

from mp3 to wma, from wma into mp3, from a cd into mp3...and vice versa?!

i saw some programs at www.tucows.com...but not sure which one to get...i am looking for a good one...that will also perhaps let you do idtags and also convert a bunch of songs al at once?!

thank you in advance...

carapalida.

thank you for letting me know of the dbpower program...that was great :)

got another question about the gpcinema and the settings (instructions) that i used on my post above...

i decided to watch a little more of the video that i placed into the gp32 and noticed that the sound is breaking up...not sure what to do...i followed the ALL the instructions on those guides...

also...if i look really close to the actor's mouth...the sound seems to be a little faster then when they speak...i mean...i can live with this part...but is this normal?

thank you all again...

Back