Release XEvil

XEvil, the bloodiest, goriest, puppy-kicking-est game ever made, is now available for the Pandora. It'll be on apps.openpandora.org when I get upload rights *pokes craigix*.

This is hardly a release for the faint of heart. In addition to coming with the following disclaimer, it has a few bugs. But first, the disclaimer:

Read this DISCLAIMER or DIE!

O.K., kids... let's get this straight. XEvil is not for meek, peace-loving, "I love you, you love me..." types of people. The fans of XEvil enjoy it because of its shameless displays of blood and violence, of people getting lit on fire, getting shot, being ripped up by chainsaws, getting high on drugs, and burst open by aliens.

sshot1.png

Controls

• Dpad: Move
  • L-trigger: switch weapons
  • R-trigger: fire
  • U: drop weapon
  • I: Use Item
  • O: Switch Items
  • P: Drop item
  • Space: Chat (for multiplayer)

The "XEvil (small)" application plays the game with reduced graphics, giving you a larger view of the playing field.

Now, the bugs (all Pandora-specific):

• The Chopperboy, Enforcer, and Altar of Sin flash, because some of their animation frames aren't loaded properly on the Pandora.
  • I haven't yet figured out how to get the ABXY buttons to work, the game maps them incorrectly when it compiles. Fortunately, we have more than 4 keys :)
  • I want to add Linux full-screen support and sound. Looking for help with both.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back