Xbox 360 Vga, No Audio On Tv?!?

CUPC4KES

THERE IS ONLY ONE TRUTH.....
Website
Visit site
hi all, ive had a look round on the net for help, but no luck so i thought i try here, i got a new tv yesterday, tried component, not that good, so i tried the vga lead i been using through a tft monitor and its miles better, only trouble is i cant get audio at all, its a samsung r87 and ive tried the red/white jacks in the component, the auio in for hdmi port 2, in the av input on the side, plus other things, but nothing, anyone got any idea what im doing wrong? thanks

CUPC4KES said:
hi all, ive had a look round on the net for help, but no luck so i thought i try here, i got a new tv yesterday, tried component, not that good, so i tried the vga lead i been using through a tft monitor and its miles better, only trouble is i cant get audio at all, its a samsung r87 and ive tried the red/white jacks in the component, the auio in for hdmi port 2, in the av input on the side, plus other things, but nothing, anyone got any idea what im doing wrong? thanks
Chances are your television doesn't support VGA and audio input at the same time. So the only solution for that is to plug in to a stereo or amplifier. It'll probably sound better that way anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
what you want is a 5.1 Amp eg Yamaha and 5.1 speakers and connect the 360 to the amp via optical lead to get 5.1 digital surround sound... it kicks ass :)

CUPC4KES said:
there was a 3.5mm jack input next the vga input, i used an adapter and it works fine now, cheers for the help.
Mine has one of those too- it's odd, you'd expect them to just use the regular audio in

Last edited by a moderator:
Back