X11 devolopment libraries...

Fworg64

Who knows?
<DISREGARD>

Well title is the error i get when i try to run 'sudo ./configure' to build libpng (a perquisite for Allegro5).

I did some googling and this could be caused by spaces in the directory's but i believe it could be the fact that the pandora has no real time clock and that mine is currently set to march 14 2011, which is terribly wrong. so i guess what im wondering is either

1.How to set the clock

2.how to build libpng otherwise

OR

3.If someone already has an allegro5 floating around for the pandora

The reason im running it using sudo is because otherwise it does not have permission to change permissions.

pre posting edit:: Well i set the clock and that fixed that problem, but now its complaining about no gcc or cc or cl.exe (i should hope it doesn't find any .exe's) which are all c compilers, so all i have to do now is figure out how to tell it where mine is.

i tried looking through the configure file for some quick fix just by editing it but i dont think thats going to help. Could i place a bunch of symlinks where its looking for gcc? (/usr/bin/ right?)

^^^problem, i have no idea how to actually do that. :p

I have c/c++devtools (the .pnd) installed and running... what would happen if i tried to compile libpng or at least run ./configure from mnt/utmp/cdevtools/ Or Something?

Any help or sense of my ramblings would be appreaciated!

EDIT:: Well thanks to myslelf i got ./ configure to run fine, all i had to do was add the cdevtools thing to my path and now am in the middle of running make
</DISREGARD>

EDIT:: Have got very far, now all i need to do is run cmake and, crap.

"X11 not found. You may need to install X11 development libraries"

Where do i find these? i looked on my pandora and they werent there, nor did a "sudo opkg search "X11"" or a "sudo opkg search "Xorg"" provide me with any results.

So close to an allegro 5, so any help would be apreciated!

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried opkg, but I've never had luck with opkg.

learn to use it then, as libpng really doesn't need to be compiled :p

(all done as root, either sudo su then the following, or prefix each command with sudo)

opkg update -- updates the list of packages, should be done the first time you need opkg after boot/network connection

opkg list | grep <packagename> -- not the right way to do it, but i never got search to work, lists all packages, then pipes that through grep, to list only the packages that match what you want e.g. opkg list | grep png for everythign with the sring "png " in it

opkg install <packagename>

simple :)

Thats opkg upgrade rather than update and yes upgrade will likely break your installation until a Pandora specific repository is created. Or so I understand it as a Linux nOOb.

Thats opkg upgrade rather than update and yes upgrade will likely break your installation until a Pandora specific repository is created. Or so I understand it as a Linux nOOb.
OOOHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhh icic, well after i updated i did manage to find libpng </facepalm> (in retrospect it was the first time i built something from source on a unix system though) but still no X11 dev libraries.

The search continues...

EDIT::

Ok so now i found them in gtk+ (i think, there where a lot of x11's in the info page :p ), turns out i already had them installed but just needed to update them with opkg. And a "find / -name "*x11*"" returns several directory's one of which is '/usr/bin' so i added that to the libraries for my c/c++ compilers but still cmake tells me x11 not found...

Any thoughts?

should be an x11-dev package in there somewhere, just grep for X11

generally the libs will jsut be somethign like 'libblah-1.5' and the headers will be in a 'libblah-1.5-dev' package

<UBER-MEGA-/facepalm>

freamon's c/c++ devtools come with the libraries for x11,

but why dont they get found?

EDIT:: could it be that it also is complaining that it "Could NOT find OpenGL (missing: OPENGL_gl_LIBRARY)"?

library paths, especially problematic when cross compiling, as if you don't tell it otherwise it'll look in /usr/lib etc and not your toolchains dirs

(-I/path/to/includes -L/path/to/libraries are the flags you'll probably want to look into)

maybe i wasnt clear, but i am doin all this compiling on my pandora B) (Cmake took forever :p ) and yes, those are the flags i used. and i think i found opengl on opkg, i installed gt4-mkspecs which seems to be it. (have yet to find out)

EDIT::'nother mega facepalm, freamon also put the QT libs in his .pnd, still doesnt solve the problem though <_<

thought you were, it'll eb a path issue somewhere along the line

i just run a development os off an sd card and compile the 'bollocks' method, so it's jsut looking in the system paths for the libraries, instead of on the sd card somewhere

sounds tempting, but its 230am, im goin to sleep.

Ill try some more stuff tommorow, thanks for your help.

sounds tempting, but its 230am

do you know where your stack pointer is?
????Nooo....???

But at this point would it just be easier to set up a dev OS since ill be needing to flash to hotfix 6 pretty soon?

EDIT:: I'm thinking that its not whining because i dont have the x11 dev libraries, i think its whining that i dont have the opengl dev libraries, which i cant find with opkg... nor can i find the source so i can build them...

once again any help would be appreciated!

check if you can compile wakebreaker (available round here somewhere), that'll tell you if you've got the opengl libs (remember there's no such thing as opengl libs for pandora, only openglES libs)

Back