Devel Packages

chuckr

Still Fresh
There's a pretty nicely chosen set of extra things available for the Pandora. I'm taslkling aboout those packages that everything else depends on, like the
X.Org stuff, and it's nicely done ... but what's missing, and really truly badly needed for those few extremists who like to do software, are the environments which allow hobbyists and experimenters to build and extend thje base. Again, using Xorg as a perfect expample, while all of the required libraries are there in place, the stuff a developer/hobbyist needs to extend stuff is missing: there aren't any of the X11 inlcude files. It's not limited to that, either: along with the various include files are the various pkgconfig *.pc files, which describe what's presented.

Are all of the various development files, built for all of the various extensions, maybe organized as tarballs anywhere? If a horrible things has occurred, and as a result,all of this stuff has been deleted, then how about a list of package names versus their version numbers. It might take me a lot of time, but if there's no other way, then I'd volunteer to start this large job.

sudo opkg update
sudo opkg install <package-you-want>-dev

ie, libx11-dev to install the x11 development libraries, or libsdl-1.2-dev to install SDL (v1.2). Go to the online repository and you can do a lookup for any package you're interested in and see if it has a corresponding development package.
Take caution, though: this installs them to the NAND, which, with the base firmware, has only about 100MB of free space. Choose your packages wisely.

Back