Tip: Runing ConfigButton via remote X11

Yoyobuae

Very Active Member
First let me explain my use case. I connect my Pandora via USB to my PC for charging and SSH access via USB-network (Thread1, Thread2). I can run Audacious on Pandora via X11 forwarding using SSH, so the window shows on my PC screen instead of Pandora.

Recently I got some bluetooth headphones, which work nicely with Pandora. But to use them I need to enable bluetooth on Pandora, so I started searching for a way to do so via command line. I knew that it could be done using the button on the panel, but I kinda forgot how that button was even called (mousing over it doesn't show a tooltip, and right-clicking only shows plugin settings).

I ended up having to search for the process that provides that button and found /usr/bin/configbutton. Out of curiosity I just ran it via SSH (with X11 forwarding enabled), lo and behold! it actually showed up in the systray on my PC:

out.jpg

:D

Though this tip it might be useful for someone else which also uses Pandora via X11 forwarding and wants access to this button.

Last edited by a moderator:
FWIW, the action to flip bluetooth state should be defined in /usr/pandora/scripts/op_bluetooth.sh, or something like that.  Pandora configuration is done with a load of scripts like that, all in that folder.

But thanks, this is worth knowing.  I had a dig into op_tvout.sh and couldn't figure out all the cases, and am concerned that if I switch to the wrong layer, my TV out will stop working properly.  As that's my only way of seeing what's on the screen, that's a concern. This might be an easier way to fix it if I do break it, provided I remember to enable sshd first.

FWIW, the action to flip bluetooth state should be defined in /usr/pandora/scripts/op_bluetooth.sh, or something like that.  Pandora configuration is done with a load of scripts like that, all in that folder.

@Yoyobuae: Yeah, have a look at BTDUN script, it contains the code needed

Back