Release X-Men: The Ravages of Apocalypse

ptitSeb

Serial Porter
Here is X-Men: The Ravages of Apocalypse, a former commercial Total Conversion for Quake 1 now freeware.

preview2.png

This version use a Darkplaces engine compiled with glshim. Everythings seems to work fine, but you may experience unstability on CC models due to 3D drivers and/or lack of memory (try to use a Swapfile)

History logs
==========

Build 04
-----------

• Updated build of Darkplaces
  • Updated libs
Build 02
-----------

• Fixed PND so a new game can be started
Build 01
-----------

• Initial build
  • Some Pandora customizations

Last edited:
Darkplaces have a great gles backend. Why not using it ?

is your port any faster than mine ?
I don't know in fact. I just compiled with minimum changes (without even trying to activate GLES backend, because it did work fine with glshim), because I needed it for another project (coming soon). I don't think there is much differences between both build, I think it's mostly CPU bound.

Can't get this game to start properly, will load up and play the demo mode, when I try start the game proper it dumps me back to the console complaining of loads of missing models and sounds. I don't have full net access at present so can't post the PND runout text (hope this makes sense anyway without it)

Can't get this game to start properly, will load up and play the demo mode, when I try start the game proper it dumps me back to the console complaining of loads of missing models and sounds. I don't have full net access at present so can't post the PND runout text (hope this makes sense anyway without it)
Oh?!

Let me check again my package and on my test CC.

It's a 1gig model, running 4.03 graphics driver. I tested on both an exfat 4 card and fat32

Ok, so the experimental darkplace-sdl I used was not good for this game. I reverted back to standard one. Seems to work now (note that there seems to be missing sound, not sure f it's normal or not).

Build 02

-----------

• Fixed PND so a new game can be started

Thanks ptitSeb, I'll try that in the morning! I didn't have great luck with the original Darkplaces PND myself when it came out back when, never managed to get it working properly

Back