Worlds First Pandora Artwork

dflemstr said:
SomeGuy99 said:
TO BE CONTINUED?
Sub the actual original video, or it didn't happen.

I would consider doing an animation... but... well, as you can see I'm a perfectionist B)

Last edited by a moderator:
ROFL!

Wow this thread gets me laughing every day.

Now that I think about it, why hasn't someone made a 'Hitler Responds to the Pandora Finally Shipping'!

Great work SomeGuy99, both on the artistic and humor front.

prawns.png

SomeGuy99 said:

Epic :)

My country seems to be becoming a phenomenon :D

Also it's funny how the spelling of "fok" changes to "fook", ah, that's the beauty of cultures right there :).

Just by the way, in Gimp, are you using the touchscreen to paint? This would make my day if it were true.

^ Using the touchscreen yep. Bit glitchy though (think it's the mouse driver).

fuuuuuul.png

More requests please! Not that my skills need sharpening or anything B)

SomeGuy99 said:
More requests please! Not that my skills need sharpening or anything B)

Craig standing before a convention audience. The Pandora is shown on a screen behind him. He is saying "One more thing, you twats!"

rabidpoobear said:
hey someguy,
I'm the author of a pandora painting program that's in beta (because I don't have a pandora :p ).
Would you be interested in testing it, and possibly working with me to get the pressure sensitivity working on the pandora?

It runs natively at 800x480, and its file format supports 'replaying' of the images just like Colors! DS does.

The transparencies are all jacked up right now but like I said, it's beta.

Anyway, PM me if you have some free time and you'd like to work with me to get it running. Or anyone else who has a Pandora right now and some free time and remembers my app demos a while back, you're also welcome to PM me.

I'll make a general release once I have my own unit but I thought it'd be cool to see it running before then (I'm about 800 in Craig's queue so it'll be a few weeks at least before I have mine.)

When reading this topic i thinking about program like Colors! ( very great program) and i read your post :)
so good luck for your program ;)

Tried out The Gimp using an actual mouse. It seems the lagging is caused by the touchscreen driver or whatever.

I think that just depends on what point they were made at, really...

Yeah, but shitty shoulder button suggests too early.

Same here. I've not felt so attached to a computer since my first laptop (which coincidentally was also the last machine that accompanied me at all times like my Pandora's been doing).

I hardly ever take my laptop or any of my handhelds anywhere... but my Pandora has been in my bag along with me loads in the last week.

I think it's perfectly positioned for carrying around because:

It's much smaller and lighter than a laptop or netbook.

It's only a big bigger than a handheld console, but a LOT more useful.

The lovable mutant (as I like to call it) is the perfect convergence of a notebook and a handheld console, so it's like having both in one little package. There's no decent reason NOT to carry it around!

Have you tried plugging a keyboard and mouse into it yet? I know it sounds pointless, but just try it. The Pandora really does feel like a full computer!

I've already sorted mine out. I hadn't done any customising apart from a desktop background, though. I won't be sending it until Monday, though, since the office is, according to the website, open Monday to Friday - I don't want it turning up there while nobody's there to receive it.

Well as you know, I've scripted mine up something serious.

I was thinking Saturday, but I might send it out Monday too.

Wait... you're gonna keep it in a box till Monday and not play with it?!

im interested in seeing how well the pixlr image editor works, but it requires flash and i dont know that OP has flash support. http://www.pixlr.com/editor/

Arialia said:
When reading this topic i thinking about program like Colors! ( very great program) and i read your post :)
Thanks for the luck, I hope it turns out well. It's super-alpha right now (weird lags and no UI and such) but Someguy is brave enough to help me debug it, so hopefully it will be improved before I actually get a unit myself :)

rabidpoobear said:
Arialia said:
Thanks for the luck, I hope it turns out well. It's super-alpha right now (weird lags and no UI and such) but Someguy is brave enough to help me debug it, so hopefully it will be improved before I actually get a unit myself :)

And it now supports saving! Upcoming pictures will use it (so you can see for yourself!).

More requests please, thanks!

draw a picture of a rabid poo bear with my app and take a picture of the pandora with it up, please :)

also have you figured a way to make the circle issue not show up too much? I found with lower alphas and certain colors it's not too big of a problem.

neogramps is testing too and he found out that the opacity doesn't scale up all the way, so if you draw a solid black line and then paint over it with white, it will end up being gray :\ bugs, bugs, bugs!

Back