World Of Warcraft

I dont know who the hell you think you are.
This is not your forum. Just because you open a thread, it doesnt give you the right to choose who can and cannot respond.

You are getting aggressive and offensive again which really does show the kind of person you are.

Statements such as
If you continue to post here and not in PM you will continue to look like a fool.
are farcical.
An argument involves two people. If you dont want to respond to constructive criticism about your replies to others (relating to WoW), then dont, but dont expect me to be silent on the board when you have no intention of doing the same.

Why dont YOU make this the last post in the argument and take it to PMs if YOU like. But if you respond with such a ridiculous thing as last time, then surely you expect me to respond.

declaration posted on Feb 14 2005 at 01:13 PM said:
I dont know who the hell you think you are.
This is not your forum. Just because you open a thread, it doesnt give you the right to choose who can and cannot respond.

You are getting aggressive and offensive again which really does show the kind of person you are.

Statements such as
If you continue to post here and not in PM you will continue to look like a fool.
are farcical.
An argument involves two people. If you dont want to respond to constructive criticism about your replies to others (relating to WoW), then dont, but dont expect me to be silent on the board when you have no intention of doing the same.

Why dont YOU make this the last post in the argument and take it to PMs if YOU like. But if you respond with such a ridiculous thing as last time, then surely you expect me to respond.

Go away you trivial little prat, you are boring beyond belief. You've just become the first ever person on my ignored user list. Congratulations. This is my final word on the subject.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rico posted on Feb 14 2005 at 09:02 AM said:
Are PvE servers less full than PvP? I would probably play PvE.

The latest news is PVE servers are all fine. While PVP your best bet is to go with their suggested servers. So to answer your question Rico. PVE servers are less full.

BaDToaD posted on Feb 14 2005 at 03:08 PM said:
Go away you trivial little prat, you are boring beyond belief. You've just become the first ever person on my ignored user list. Congratulations. This is my final word on the subject.

hmmm, to offer a little outside perspective on this, you are behaving like a moron over this. as much as you slate others (myself included) for bringing the tone of these forums down, it seems that you really can't let things slide. It comes across (to me at least) that there is a relish to your put downs that suggest you enjoy doing it.

spray posted on Feb 14 2005 at 04:27 PM said:
BaDToaD posted on Feb 14 2005 at 03:08 PM said:

hmmm, to offer a little outside perspective on this, you are behaving like a moron over this. as much as you slate others (myself included) for bringing the tone of these forums down, it seems that you really can't let things slide. It comes across (to me at least) that there is a relish to your put downs that suggest you enjoy doing it.

Well of course I enjoy doing it but only if provoked. Look back through my posts in any thread and not once will you find me starting an argument. I will however finish them but not here so consider yourself the second person added to my ignore list.

Oh sweet jesus, will everyone just drop the fighting thing? Go flame a n00b or something, thats always fun.

It would have helped if you'd PM'd the post telling declaration to take the argument to PM. If one of you had taken the initiative, this topic would not have been derailed.

BaDToaD posted on Feb 13 2005 at 11:56 PM said:
Gimp have you got nothing better to do than ridicule people?
who was i ridiculing? i was just laughing at how you make quake 3 sound like an actual sport, which sounds ridiculous to me.

I played Quake III at European league Division 3 level. I won 100 quid for it which is more that your yearly earning capacity so bugger off there's a nice chap.
so? do you want me to congratulate you or something? you really are a fuckin stupid guy, i still cant get over the fact that you are like 30-odd and still come across as a child. and stop saying people are in "la-la" land i honestly didnt think anyone said that nowadays.

Okay, that's enough. I'll keep the topic open but one more argument post and I will ban and lock faster than your grandma can bake me a carrot cake.

I'm really getting into this game. It really does get better the longer you play. I though I might get a bit bored re doing the same quests as I played in beta but not at all. It's still good fun.

I've now got a lvl 16 priest and I am starting to get into groups more. We trashed the bingles tools quest in 10 minutes last night for those that have played it and know what I'm on about. The party consisted of two warlocks + pets (Warlocks have demon pets for non players), two priests and a paly all around lvl 15 or 16. I was lvl 15 at the time. We went on the do the gathering idols quest.

So how are the rest of you doing?

I wish I had the time to play an MMORPG :(
This one does look brilliant! What stat style is it? Do you put them up after each level up or do they progress on their own depending on your fighting tyle/weapon/items/monsters your fighting?

Memnoch posted on Feb 16 2005 at 11:24 AM said:
I have a level 12 Human Mage on the Aggramar Server. I haven't got a clue what I'm doing but I'm enjoying the experience all the same!

Go here and check out the beginners guide and the class specific stuff. It will help a lot.

My stance on WoW remains at the level of 'this game will suck' yet I am a mere click away from buying it. The only thing stopping me is that I need to trek down to Game to buy a box (assuming one is in stock) instead of just signing up and downloading the game online. Considering posting an SA thread asking people to post what's bad about the game to offset all the good stuff I've heard about it and stop me spending £150 or so ;)

I was one click away from "Buy it Now!" on ebay. I've decided to get RE4 now instead. I don't think £100 for one game's subscription for a year is fair (£8x12 months). If they said "yeh, you can play all our other Blizzard games" for that price, then I might think about it. I do know that this would probably have the same effect that FFVII did when I was 17. (e.g. playing to 5 in the morning).

lizard808uk posted on Feb 17 2005 at 07:09 PM said:
I was one click away from "Buy it Now!" on ebay. I've decided to get RE4 now instead. I don't think £100 for one game's subscription for a year is fair (£8x12 months). If they said "yeh, you can play all our other Blizzard games" for that price, then I might think about it. I do know that this would probably have the same effect that FFVII did when I was 17. (e.g. playing to 5 in the morning).
I disagree with the price issue. If a game costs say £36, you only need to play WoW as much as a regular game over four months to make back the monthly fee. I'd probably be playing WoW a lot more than that, so it'll be even more cost effective.

Rico posted on Feb 18 2005 at 12:43 PM said:
lizard808uk posted on Feb 17 2005 at 07:09 PM said:
I was one click away from "Buy it Now!" on ebay. I've decided to get RE4 now instead. I don't think £100 for one game's subscription for a year is fair (£8x12 months). If they said "yeh, you can play all our other Blizzard games" for that price, then I might think about it. I do know that this would probably have the same effect that FFVII did when I was 17.  (e.g. playing to 5 in the morning).
I disagree with the price issue. If a game costs say £36, you only need to play WoW as much as a regular game over four months to make back the monthly fee. I'd probably be playing WoW a lot more than that, so it'll be even more cost effective.

I agree with Rico. I think it's likely to be just about the only game I'll be playing for the next few months bar the odd dip into other games so for me £8 a month is way lower than I would normally spend on gaming each month.

@ Rico. Check out Gamespots user reviews for opinions of the game. Most are very positive but some may highlight issues you are worried about.

re: the price issue

Every single free to play MMORPG I have played has been completely shitty compared to the pay to play ones. The non pay ones, are cheap, tacky, small, badly supported, badly patched, have very few features, few players, and usually are 2d overhead instead of proper 3d.

Pay to play supports more servers, a better live team, more bandwidth, more patches, more content...basically..more.

If people cannot, or will not pay to play one of the major mmorpgs..then that of course is their choice. But at the end of the day, the cost is worth it if you enjoy the game enough.

I'm really jealous of everybody though, because my PC is too shit to run WoW. (Actually I'd rather play Everquest II, but by the sounds of it WoW has won and I suspect the playerbase in EQII isn't all that impressive.)

What makes EQ2 more attractive? EQ1 has a hell of a history that turns many, including me, off from the sequel. Blizzard seem to have looked at EQ's problems and addressed them but copied the rest of the gameplay ;(

Back