i'm having a problem with my world of warcraft
i can log in to my account
but after that i can't log into my server
is there anything that i should do to help this

i can't hold long enough to get to their consomer service

anyone have any help
i am desperate

bringoutthegimp posted on Feb 12 2005 at 07:49 PM said:
HA wait...........so you have to pay for the game then £8 a month for it to be any use?

It's the future of gaming Gimp. It's no different form me paying 10 quid a month towards a clan server when I played Quake 3 at european level.

It's actually very good value for money when you consider how much time you spend playing.

Last edited by a moderator:
diablo2 posted on Feb 12 2005 at 11:36 PM said:

anyone have any help
i am desperate

Have you got in yet? If not give us a bit more info. The servers seem to be working ok now. A bit laggy in newb areas but ok other than that.

bringoutthegimp posted on Feb 12 2005 at 07:49 PM said:
HA wait...........so you have to pay for the game then £8 a month for it to be any use?
Welcome to the world of addictive MMORPG's.

BaDToaD posted on Feb 13 2005 at 01:17 AM said:
It's no different form me paying 10 quid a month towards a clan server when I played Quake 3 at european level.
LOL "european level"

LHC posted on Feb 13 2005 at 11:27 AM said:
£8 a month is hardly anything; how poor are you?
being poor or not isnt the point, no way i would ever pay £30 for a game and then its useless without paying £8 a month, its the principal. i would maybe pay a one off charge.

diablo2 posted on Feb 12 2005 at 11:36 PM said:

anyone have any help
i am desperate
This is what you're paying the £8 a month for?

WoW reached their yearly signup expectation in two weeks. They rolled out a year's worth of upgrades in one month, but they're still extremely overwhelmed at the moment. Login and connection problems abound :(

diablo2, wich realm are you trying? try one that is not so full. if youre german for pvp Kil’Jaeden or Mal’Ganis, for pve Proudmoore, rp server have both space left

bringoutthegimp posted on Feb 13 2005 at 12:02 PM said:
being poor or not isnt the point, no way i would ever pay £30 for a game and then its useless without paying £8 a month, its the principal. i would maybe pay a one off charge.
Indeed, but I don't see why it's so bizarre that other people would. If they don't have a "principle" saying that it's bad to pay a monthly fee, and they think it's worth the fee, then good for them. £8 a month really isn't that much if you want decent service.

bringoutthegimp posted on Feb 13 2005 at 12:02 PM said:
BaDToaD posted on Feb 13 2005 at 01:17 AM said:
It's no different form me paying 10 quid a month towards a clan server when I played Quake 3 at european level.
LOL "european level"

LHC posted on Feb 13 2005 at 11:27 AM said:
£8 a month is hardly anything; how poor are you?

Gimp have you got nothing better to do than ridicule people?

I played Quake III at European league Division 3 level. I won 100 quid for it which is more that your yearly earning capacity so bugger off there's a nice chap.

As for not paying for it. Who is going to pay for the server farms they run the game on if not the players. Doh!

WoW seems to have settled down nicely now. I experienced no lag at all today now the players are getting spread out a bit more. Much like the beta really. I'm sure the game will continue to smooth out even more if anything. At one point I had a 47ms ping which is close to a decent Q3 server ping and plenty good enough for me.

I find it hard to believe that supposedly mature people think that a good comeback to a persons criticism of a MMORPG's monthly fee is to attempt to ridicule the amount of money he earns/has/could earn.

I better not mention any names or else by the time I next log in there will be five new threads open complaining about MY immature behaviour.

You may not have noticed but each time I post a negative comment about people it is in response to something. Now kindly leave this thread alone Declaration. It's about World of Warcraft not how big you can make yourself look in front of your mates. If you want to make a prat of yourself take it to PMs where I will happily run rings around you otherwise bugger off and join Gimp in Lala land.

Thankyou!

there are free servers in each mode, pvp is the fullest afaik, but they just setted up a new server for it, bu ti dont care, i realy dislike pvp. i play on a rp server, wich is the most fun, but many guys are new to rp and dont do rp at all, but this seems to get betetr each day.

BaDToaD posted on Feb 14 2005 at 08:38 AM said:
You may not have noticed but each time I post a negative comment about people it is in response to something. Now kindly leave this thread alone Declaration. It's about World of Warcraft not how big you can make yourself look in front of your mates. If you want to make a prat of yourself take it to PMs where I will happily run rings around you otherwise bugger off and join Gimp in Lala land.

Thankyou!
I merely commented that slagging off a persons financial status is pretty shitty justification for your game's £8 monthly charge. Others could have, and did, provide a real explanation without resorting to such inflammatory methods.

My post had as much to do with the WoW debate as anything you posted about Quake 3 at "european level", or as much as anything related to the Gimps "yearly earning potential".

But you have since edited your post to give some sort of a reason so you must agree with me anyway.

I also cannot understand the aggressive nature of your last post. You really need to learn to control your anger to stop yourself coming out with such embarrassing retorts.

finty101 posted on Feb 14 2005 at 12:58 PM said:
What is the differance in each of the server types?
pvp=player versus player
pve=player versus environment
rp=role play, you have to play like youre your carackter, and youre not allowd to talk about stuff that happens outside the world that your character can see, you also have to talk in a more "fitting" languege, not standart leet talk like on pvp :)

i play on rp, cous eit gives me the best gameplay experience, but others dislike rp, for a mmorpg starter pv-e/p would be the best.

declaration posted on Feb 14 2005 at 10:59 AM said:
BaDToaD posted on Feb 14 2005 at 08:38 AM said:

Thankyou!
I merely commented that slagging off a persons financial status is pretty shitty justification for your game's £8 monthly charge. Others could have, and did, provide a real explanation without resorting to such inflammatory methods.

My post had as much to do with the WoW debate as anything you posted about Quake 3 at "european level", or as much as anything related to the Gimps "yearly earning potential".

But you have since edited your post to give some sort of a reason so you must agree with me anyway.

I also cannot understand the aggressive nature of your last post. You really need to learn to control your anger to stop yourself coming out with such embarrassing retorts.

My post edit was to add the word Division to clarify things. As for agressive I don't get agressive with idiots they aren't worth the effort so please stop annoying us and go away. If you think Gimp needs his hand holding in an argument fine just hold it somewhere else please. For the last time this thread is about World of Warcraft so either post about that or bugger off. If you continue to post here and not in PM you will continue to look like a fool. The decision is yours, but if you do I will once again post a seperate thread because people do not want to read this shit here.

finty101 posted on Feb 14 2005 at 11:41 AM said:
How the hell do you verse the enviroment?

PVE is simply playing verses the set quests and NPCs, Monsters etc whereas PVP means other players from the opposing side can attack you whenever they feel like it even when they outnumber you 4 to 1

Back