World News Thread (Politics,whatever)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It will be an empty field after they destroyed the huge forest area now standing where they plan on building.
That's for sure. ;)

Nah, that is normal for most German forests. There usually isn't a lot of diversity due to centuries of mismanagement and the borders are often clear cut.
We have alot of woods here but there is indeed not much old, natural forest left in Germany.
As if electric cars with their batteries wouldn't be bad enough for the environment and they want to destroy a forest area, they may also endanger a species with that:
Somehow, everywhere these days you find an endangered species that was not endangered in the past at all. It's getting worse actualy. Could it be that it's because of human behaviour in general? :oops:

Somehow, everywhere these days you find an endangered species that was not endangered in the past at all. It's getting worse actualy. Could it be that it's because of human behaviour in general? :oops:
Yes, it's mostly because we've actually started noticing when animals disappear. As far as I can tell we're only really been listing endangered mammals for the past twenty years or so.

"I red the news today oh boy!"
There isnt much Winter Tires (or Snow Tires??), for Elektric Cars yet on Market: The Problem is: On Snow, you need lots of Grip, but lots of Grip costs energy, so usualy, a Electric Car needs special Tires, but these arend for Winter yet, at least for the BMW I3, there is only Goodyear who made a Winter Tire,
I dotnt know what its whit the Tesla Cars..

I see: there is a lot diverence between a normal Explosions Engine Car and a Electric Car, but maybe whit the Years, these will get lot more common..

• Haha
Reactions: rSl
How about some more Envroivment for Electric Bycicles:
Instead of Driving whit your Car to the Airport, to fly to Italy in Vacations, where you also take a Rent Car,

You Drive whit your Electric Bycicle and your Luggage to the Trainstation, put the Bycicle and your Stuff in a Container whit a Chargerport, this Container whill then Load in the Train, and you also take Place in the Train, and at your Destiny, you drive whit your Fresh Charged Electric Bycicle to the Hotel..

Dosnt work if you want to make Vacations in New York or Tokio, but maybe this could made more Envroivment Friendly by just put on a VR Helmet, and get to New York Virtually??

Like i said earler: Why do our Politicians need to fly around the World?? Whouldnt a VR Conference much more cheaper??

I think we should just stop considering that everyone needs to have his own car.

unfortunately the public infrastructure for trains/trams/busses isn't very good in all parts of the states. i don't disagree, but for people who need to drive, they should drive electric.

Which raw materials are you concerned about? Lithium is unlikely to become scarce any time soon, and most of the rest of the car is similar to what you have in a hybrid car; lots of aluminium, glass and steel. Batteries currently also contain cobalt, but the main use of cobalt today is to desulphurise petroleum products, as I understand it. So if you drive an internal combustion car, you're almost certainly using more cobalt, not to mention the amount of crap pumped out by fuel tankers as they ship crude oil around the globe, or the associated contamination cause by fracking.

Edit: Hydrogen fuel cells cars by comparison still have to have lithium ion batteries in them to start the fuel cell, and how local is your nearest hydrogen filling point, versus your nearest fast charger? As far as I know the only hydrogen car on the market now or in the future is the Toyota Mirai, whereas there are dozens of electric cars available today, and dozens more due next year and each year going forward for the foreseeable.

Last edited:
... the main use of cobalt today is to desulphurise petroleum products, as I understand it. So if you drive an internal combustion car, you're almost certainly using more cobalt, not to mention the amount of crap pumped out by fuel tankers as they ship crude oil around the globe...

this. there has been a pretty concerted effort to paint electric cars as worse than their gas counterparts (whether ethically or pollution wise). i wonder who benefits from such a characterization. it's not people's lungs, and it's not the environment... (air pollution kills more people a year than car crashes.)

electric is the future. electrons are already everywhere on the planet, and electricity is almost everywhere ;). it's already a proven tech in comparison to hydrogen.

we have about 10 years to massively decarbonize, or face the worst of global warming. hydrogen just won't get us there.

There's just not enough cobalt to replace all cars with electric cars. And if we manage to find another solution, then lithium will be problematic as well.
I know that public transportation infrastructure is not in good shape in many places, but I think we could get great result if we poured as much money into it as we do in consumer cars.

It took a long time to transition to the paradigm of private cars, it will probably take long to transition away from it but it's probably the best move we have.

China keeps censoring the West just by having that apparently enticing market. It's a similar story for the Marvel movies. What else?
Edit: Mitsubishi seem to have some sense at least.
It's sad to see that the movie business ist just that. It's not about expression, art, stories or whatever - but sheer wealth.

Last edited:
  • Sad
The Chinese seem to feel they were made to feel small when they were first entering the world market, and the exchange of hong kong was perhaps the epitome of the one sided deals they needed to sign then. I've heard it said they they feel now that they have power due to their manufacturing base, and the rise of their middle class making a big market to sell to, they're giving the west a taste of what was done to them.

Why the hell is 'qwerty' so common? It's so difficult to type correctly, as evidenced by the number of times I needed to go back and correct my typing there before hitting post.

I dunno, I'm not really a touchtyper, but I find it hard to do all that work with my left hand without ever switching to my right. I'm currently typing on a UK keyboard configured to read as a 101-key US keyboard by the way (because the pipe character doesn't require a three key chord to access any more)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back