working tulip driver for openpandora

nik

Hi I was wondering if there is a tulip driver for

linksys 100tx usb to ethernet adapter for openpandora?

Searched around could not find anything

Is that all lsusb says? You have plugged in the device, right? And turned on USB host? If so, it's not being picked up for some reason, so having the right driver ain't going to help.

Is that all lsusb says? You have plugged in the device, right? And turned on USB host? If so, it's not being picked up for some reason, so having the right driver ain't going to help.
Correct

if i disable usb host there's no output from lsusb... shell returns exit code 1

why wouldnt it read the device? i just plugged it in my laptop and it reads it fine, windows 7 even says installing linksys usb ethernet driver or smth like that

Okay some research this Ethernet adapter is rather old and is USB 1.1 only device.. you would need a USB 2.0 hub for it to work properly on the Pandora. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there any way to emulate this with software or i might as well just go out and buy new usb...network...stick thingy

No way by software the Pandora doesn't have a built on USB 2.0 hub chip on the regular sized USB port like most PCs do which would allow it to run both 1.1 and 2.0 devices, so it only runs in full USB 2.0 mode.

So you would need either a USB 2.0 Hub or it's possible to use the smaller micro USB port (otg) if you had an adapter to do so. Or it may just be easier to buy a new one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back