usb ethernet driver ?

It should already be supported in the 3.2 kernel.. unless you're working with the old kernel on a CC or rebirth pandora.

Just clearing up the obvious.. did you enable the USB port? it's disabled for power savings by default, also are you on the latest SuperZaxxon 1.54 firmware?

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh man, this looks too cool.  I really need to buy this product and try it out.  It says that it's a USB 2.0 device...all you need to do is just "enable USB-host" from the taskbar and it should work...?...  I'm excited.  Could help out some when I'm on a LAN and my wifi strength is a bit iffy.

I'd just like to see how ibasaw gets on with this before I pull out my credit card again...

Edit 1:   B) 'd by buchse....so these (products) DO work.  Nice.   :)

update:  sinds asix works out of the box, I just tried to get my Atheros wireless usb working, here are the pitfalls:

1. open a xterm console, cd to your card (write to your nand as little as possible).

2. lsmod > 1.before.txt

3. Enable USB-Host

4. lsmod > 2.usb.txt

5. plug it into usb

6. lsmod > 3.after.txt

7. diff 2.usb.txt 3.after.txt (check if a module loaded automatically)

8. dmesg > dmesg.txt (check the bottom of the text, it should contain something about a new usb device)

9. sudo su  (need to be root for this)

10. find / > allfiles.txt  (you can search and grep in this file, handy)

Well, it got detected, but I was missing the line "usb 2-1.2.4: firmware: agent loaded carl9170-1.fw into memory" (which was on my Debian machine)

So, I just copied the file from /lib/firmware/ on the Debian to /lib/firmware/ on the Pandora (no recompile or tricks, just copy the file over)

After re-plugging it in, "ls /sys/class/net" showed a new wlan1 and wireless started on its own "ifconfig". Did not need an ifup command.

Driver is /lib/modules/3.2.39/kernel/drivers/net/wireless/ath.ko (for asix it is /lib/modules/3.2.39/kernel/drivers/net/usb/asix.ko)

TIP: check /usr/pandora/scripts/op_wifi.sh to see how the pandora does it. (and /etc/init.d/wl1251-init)

good luck!

If the .ko file is not there...

Should it not work out of the box, then the challenges are:

Try compiling it on a big linux machine. (http://pandorawiki.org/Setting_up_a_cross-compiler or more generic: http://wiki.debian.org/BuildingCrossCompilers) Then, on the pandora, copy the .ko's over.

heh, and here I thought I was first post...

Last edited by a moderator:
After having enabled usb-host, click on the network manager icon, and click on bnep0.

thank you very much, it works

i enabled usb host, connect the usb and activate the bnep0 and thats it !

Back