Working Port Of Gngeo

Pickle said:
DaveC said:
After that there is the source to GNGEO on the gp2x that maybe could be used as reference to help with adding cyclone ASM etc.

my build is from the gp2x sources
I didn't know you had a build. One thing I remember at least of the Wiz version was that sound got staticy/distorted especially on the boss parts in MetalSlug. Did that carry over to Pandora?

Last edited by a moderator:
DaveC said:
Pickle said:
DaveC said:
After that there is the source to GNGEO on the gp2x that maybe could be used as reference to help with adding cyclone ASM etc.

my build is from the gp2x sources
I didn't know you had a build. One thing I remember at least of the Wiz version was that sound got staticy/distorted especially on the boss parts in MetalSlug. Did that carry over to Pandora?

I did something to try it out and then someone asked and i posted the link. You might have misread, I built it from the gp2x sources, i had nothing to do with the wiz version.

Yeah, can confirm that Drz80 has no problems at all (I'm sure that Picodrive uses it and it's used in RACE!

Might be that Cyclone is conflicting with something elses use of a register, or uses something that is no longer available (but what do I know, I've barely done any asm coding :p)

Hooka said:
Yeah, can confirm that Drz80 has no problems at all (I'm sure that Picodrive uses it and it's used in RACE!

Might be that Cyclone is conflicting with something elses use of a register, or uses something that is no longer available (but what do I know, I've barely done any asm coding :p )

Drz80? Is that written by Reesy? o_ô

-God Ginrai

Yes, it's his arm asm z80 emu, it works a treat, if only there were a TLCS900h core like it, NGPC emulation would be perfection!

every rom i try i get unknown or unsupported romset.

anyone know the exact names of the bios i should be using?

jonlad1 said:
did you try sengoku 3? That one really doesnt wanna work....

Its gotta be a specific romset. Which set works? Find the oldest one out there and it probably will.

Plus my sound doesn't work in games. So either its the newer romsets causing this issue or just me being a n00b.

After a night of shotgun programming (removing code till it works), I decided that I currently have no time to port rage2x. This will have to wait at least till the exams at my university are over. Rage2x is simply to optimized for the gp2x. Nearly all values for the gui are hardcoded for a small resolution. So to have a fast solution everybody can use I added the Xgngeo as frontend to the package. I also witched the z80 emulation core from the mamez80 to the drz80. Have fun.
gngeo-0.7-xgngeo.pnd

manolis said:
After a night of shotgun programming (removing code till it works), I decided that I currently have no time to port rage2x. This will have to wait at least till the exams at my university are over. Rage2x is simply to optimized for the gp2x. Nearly all values for the gui are hardcoded for a small resolution. So to have a fast solution everybody can use I added the Xgngeo as frontend to the package. I also witched the z80 emulation core from the mamez80 to the drz80. Have fun.
gngeo-0.7-xgngeo.pnd

Great news, nice to see this evolving!

manolis said:
gngeo-0.7-xgngeo.pnd

does rage2x use sdl or minlib, if its sdl the final screen could just be scaled (doubled).

there are a lot of sdl_somthings in the french (no realy the source does contain high amounts of french) :D so i assume its sdl (and i had it running on my laptop after i linked sdl to it so...)

manolis said:
there are a lot of sdl_somthings in the french (no realy the source does contain high amounts of french) :D so i assume its sdl (and i had it running on my laptop after i linked sdl to it so...)

woohoo, can't wait to try this later - freakin love those neogeo puzzle games

SomeGuy99 said:
No roms appear. Clicking 'rom directories ...' does nothing.

I believe for this emu 'rom directories' refers to the folder of bios files.

naples39 said:
SomeGuy99 said:

I believe for this emu 'rom directories' refers to the folder of bios files.

Okay. How do I add roms to the list? They're in the appdata folder at the moment.

SomeGuy99 said:
There was a bug that made it unable to add rom directories by clicking on the rom directories button. Its fixed now please redownload gngeo-0.7-xgngeo-r1.pnd
Sorry

manolis said:
SomeGuy99 said:
There was a bug that made it unable to add rom directories by clicking on the rom directories button. Its fixed now please redownload gngeo-0.7-xgngeo-r1.pnd
Sorry

Yep, works now. Thanks. :)

Back