Gngeo Console Mode?

thetooth

Still Fresh
Hi this is my first question and it was going to be a development one but i seem to have everything compiling fine now... but heres a stupid one instead.

I want to run neogeo games in console mode over arcade. I've set the config options in rage2x and the gngeo config files~
rage2x:
# system choice
# 0 console
# 1 arcade
# 2 unibios
system 0

gngeo:
# system type? arcade or home or unibios
system home

However all the games still run in arcade mode. I "beleave" i have the right bios and such for console mode but i did get it off a forum because my copy would not work... apparently this was "made" for gngeo.
Any ideas on what it could be?

Have you tried configuring GnGeo right in the app itself? you can press "select" (i think) and it will let you configure settings Globally, or for a selected game.

Mr.TwisT said:
Have you tried configuring GnGeo right in the app itself? you can press "select" (i think) and it will let you configure settings Globally, or for a selected game.

eh? if i press L+R+MENU i can get an option to save and load states and exit but select on its own is assigned to the coin trigger. It sucks that theres hardly any docs for wiz apps despite all the wiki's and what not.

Last edited by a moderator:
When you just launch GnGeo - you are presented with a choice of games. If you press select on this screen, you will be taken to the configuration screen :)

Mr.TwisT said:
When you just launch GnGeo - you are presented with a choice of games. If you press select on this screen, you will be taken to the configuration screen :)

From what i can tell that menu is actually part of rage2x and yes I've been trying to set it from there but even though console mode is selected it still boots into arcade mode.
If anyone has a confirmed working bios can you link or pm(whatever is allowed).

I'll try what you said and boot the gngeo binary directly but i'd say it "needs" arguments and rom path before it will run anything(i don't see why rage2x would exist if gngeo had a perfectly working menu built in).

thetooth said:
Mr.TwisT said:

From what i can tell that menu is actually part of rage2x and yes I've been trying to set it from there but even though console mode is selected it still boots into arcade mode.
If anyone has a confirmed working bios can you link or pm(whatever is allowed).

I'll try what you said and boot the gngeo binary directly but i'd say it "needs" arguments and rom path before it will run anything(i don't see why rage2x would exist if gngeo had a perfectly working menu built in).

Try using unibios.

Back