Working Payment Options

Prometheus said:
Certainly, Alpha2 - it's openpandorasales@gmail.com , which is also the one Eniko posted. :)
Blarg! I missed that! My apollogies. that's what I get for having 3 differnt browser windows open at one time while working on a complicated project. :p

Derek; Paypal was giving them troubles moreso than the banks so they gave up on using them early on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good post, Craig! Short and to the point, as always. Thanks!

Sad news for all the CC people out there, though. At first I thought you should have been able to predict this debacle, but I guess I was wrong. Sorry.

Let's hope that further transfer orders speed the release of the first batch, so you can get back on track as a bank-approved CC merchant.

Derek said:
First, why don't you use Paypal to accept payments?
They don't accept Paypal because Paypal shut down their account the last time they tried.
Derek said:
I would like to get a Pandora but I don't want to pay now and receive my unit in a couple of months or an undetermined amount of time. I know you are working hard to get a good date for shipment, I just went through something similar with the Tapwave Zodiac.
By the time you're actually able to buy one (assuming you didn't pre-order) it should ship immediately, since Chip has stated that they will sell the extra first-batch units after the pre-ordered ones have shipped. Link
Derek said:
Also if I did order soon and you shipped me a unit is it going to be the final design or prototype? Basically I don't want to order and get my unit then changes are made to make the unit better designed/specs and now I would have to buy another to get the revised design.

Thanks for any help that is given.

Derek
All devices shipped will be final, there won't be any changes to specifications.

Holy fuckamole.

I'm trying to use Tranzfers. But before I can activate my account, I need to:
send a scan of my passport, which I don't think I have.
mail a $1 cheque to Canada
and have a notary sign some paper of some sort

Can I just rip all of my teeth out and mail those for payment instead? :blink:

Ryzure said:
Don't forget the $10,000 good faith money sent through Western Union.

I think this thread should have been stickied, and the current stickied thread should have been an edit to this one

lulzfish said:
Ryzure said:
Don't forget the $10,000 good fatih money sent through Western Union.

Fix'd

I need to go in to a little more detail on the CC situation, if we were selling PSP and DS consoles, yes, they would probably be fine, but as soon as they see we are selling something 'made by the community' they instantly back off and don't let us take orders or limit the orders to such a low amount as to make it pointless, this is due to the project not having a big name behind it I guess, although the reasons vary depending on who you speak to.

There is nothing we can do here, I've been down every route, things are very different to a few years ago in regards to merchant numbers. Two banks have said they are willing to review this situation in 4-6 months time (ie when we are more established in their eyes).

WTF

I see the light now.

CHIP, and Craig are people who don't like to give out the whole facts. They stated it was completely the banks fault, this wasn't true at all.

like another poster said, it's time to get a large loan to support your business, the type that involves mortgaging your house.

I'll glad I didn't re-order, I hope CHIP and Craig start telling the whole truth from now on.
THIS IS A BIG BLACK EYE in my book.

lobski said:
Its not that much a wtf... Problem is, Craigex has no final product to show off to the banks. And you know bank managers ( and managers in general ). If you don't sell it with a powerpoint presentation, and a product to put before there hands ( even if they know zip about it ), they are going to be careful ( and even more now it seems ).

For the second badge things will go smoother, as there is a product in customer hands. And if you trow some big number at the bank managers like: "We did 4000 in the first run, we expect 10.000 for the second run". Combined with a product ( please craigex, when you demonstrate a final version for the banks, make it run a movie like "Its all about the money" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqoAXubMOrc ). *grins* :) Instant sale :)

spaceballs3000 said:
I see the light now.

CHIP, and Craig are people who don't like to give out the whole facts. They stated it was completely the banks fault, this wasn't true at all.

like another poster said, it's time to get a large loan to support your business, the type that involves mortgaging your house.

I'll glad I didn't re-order, I hope CHIP and Craig start telling the whole truth from now on.
The heck? So it's their fault for not telling us before about them not being established in the bankers eyes yet?

What excuses will people come up with next?

...Its not that much a wtf...
Are you Serious?
People who only can pay via CC now can't? Yeah it's an WTF moment.

MDave said:
spaceballs3000 said:
I see the light now.

The heck? So it's their fault for not telling us before about them not being established in the bankers eyes yet?

What excuses will people come up with next?

I'm talking about the original freeze\refund the bank did on the first preorder.
When bank started refunding money to customers, there was no truth that was given out, there are posts from Chip on others saying it's all the banks fault.
Well we know otherwise now.

I'm talking about the original freeze\refund the bank did on the first preorder.
When bank started refunding money to customers, there was no truth that was given out, there are posts from Chip on others saying it's all the banks fault.
Well we know otherwise now.

In what way was this not the bank's fault?
The bank refused to transfer funds from CC orders to Open Pandora Ltd.
This was caused by the meltdown in credit markets in general, and the U.K. in particular.
Banks are cutting any and all exposure to uncertainty, again the U.K. is very hard hit.

I posted a link to an article on the subject back in December.
I couldn't find the link, as it was in the other forums.
However, for an example of the problems in the UK banking industry, how about an article from TODAY?
http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2009/ja...nk-bail-out-rbs

I hope the Pandora is able to weather the storm, we'll be lucky if it can.
This isn't Craig's fault, people.

This is the news that I've been fearing I'd hear for the last month and a half. It basically amounts to another 4-6 month delay for a lot of us. I'm very glad that I'm not bipolar or manic depressive right now. Well, I guess I'm always glad about that but especially right now. :(

Eniko said:
spaceballs3000 said:
it's time to get a large loan to support your business, the type that involves mortgaging your house.
They couldn't have possibly come up with that one on their own already, right? Oh, wait, maybe they did.
Well good if they did that, they now have a direct stake into their product. Though they should have made as many units as they can borrow, and not require customers pre-orders money to complete their batch.

Frogboy said:
This is the news that I've been fearing I'd hear for the last month and a half. It basically amounts to another 4-6 month delay for a lot of us. I'm very glad that I'm not bipolar or manic depressive right now. Well, I guess I'm always glad about that but especially right now. :(
I highly doubt your going to have to wait 4-6 months. Im sure there is a good possibility that craig will sell some pandoras to other distributors who will be able to take credit card orders.

j.pickens said:
...This isn't Craig's fault, people.
I CALL BS!!!

Craig had the power to only make an small number of units with the money he had borrowed.

No one twisted his arm, he got careless, and didn't plan properly. I run my own business, I know there are ways to work with loans officers, but you have to work in advance. He would have learned early on what would his maximum unit count would have been, and he could have planned accordingly.

You are so ignoring the elephant in the room.

pmo5 said:
Frogboy said:
I highly doubt your going to have to wait 4-6 months. Im sure there is a good possibility that craig will sell some pandoras to other distributors who will be able to take credit card orders.
How is he going to sell them to other distributors when he needs the money from the pre-orders to even make the first batch? http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showt...mp;#entry690302

I never said he would produce them in the first batch. I just don't think there is gonna be a 6 month delay for people who wanna use credit cards and can't at the moment. Once production ramps up they can make up to 5000 pandoras a month I believe.

Back